plarail grumpy thomas siding set

10 Replies, 15866 Views

i snagged this online last week. the seller had a start of $25NZD and it was due to close tonight. i offered her a $75 buy now, and she accepted, so it arrived yesterday.
it was her sons, and she had held on to it for 12 years, but has hit financial problems so selling stuff off. she has more plarail, its in storage so ive told her to let me know when shes ready to sell, as i will buy.
ive dealt with 3 or 4 new zealand sellers who are japanese this year, and one a year or so back, and every one of them has had more to sell that they hadnt listed yet. im not sure if thats a good thing or not... Angel

yes, that pic shows grumpy thomas. unfortunately, it was a standard plarail thomas. however, i bought a grumpy thomas a few years ago, so was able to correct this little problem.
[Image: sidingset1.jpg]

[Image: sidingset2.jpg]

photo shoots and cats dont mix! tippy and i havent spent any decent time together lately due to my work hours, so he was attention seeking. that and the layout is in front of HIS heater.
[Image: sidingset11.jpg]

will get more photos of the rolling stock, as soon as the cat moves, so tomorrow some time Tongue

EDIT the cat moved, finally.

full set up, minus cat
[Image: sidingstock5.jpg]

troublesome trucks and loads
[Image: sidingstock4.jpg]

replacement grumpy thomas, s c ruffey and troublesome tanker
[Image: sidingstock3.jpg]

breakdown crane and coach
[Image: sidingstock2.jpg]

flatdecks with vehicles.
[Image: sidingstock1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014, 10:06 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
That is a beautiful set of rolling stock. Great find!
[-] The following 2 users Like eilif's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, sunhuntin
LOVE IT!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin
Another great haul for Sunhuntin...we may have to change that name to TomyHuntin soon. I like the apple and oranges crates. Wish I had more.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, sunhuntin
Awsome! I have considered getting this , I have the angry thomas but no set. Great find my friend! Espicially for that price man, great job my friend! Love the kitty shots Wink I can't say how many times my cat will come and "monitor" the trains. She sits and watches me as I build on to my tracks. Whenever I have trains running, she's at the center ( it is trouble however when she switches the switch rails ) Smile I call her the Conductor Of The Smallway Wink lol
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014, 07:41 PM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • sunhuntin
thanks, guys. im really pleased with it all, especially as it confirms where grumpy thomas came from.
super, tomyhuntin could be good, lol. ive been sunhuntin online for 10 years now, so too late to change. even have it on my motorbike, lol.
T-R-Y, cats are crazy when it comes to chasing things. most of ours have been caught derailing things. good thing its not easy to break. a friend of mine runs HO and has a heck of a time with his cats causing issues. quite often finds a certain digger has been pushed into the pond scenery, lol.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Just for you Sunhntin,

http://japamart.com/auctoolitem.php?url=...n/p7504373
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 11:32 AM by Toys_Trains-Things.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toys_Trains-Things's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
holy cow... that price converts to over $400NZD. cripes
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(06-01-2014, 11:40 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: holy cow... that price converts to over $400NZD. cripes

Plus fees and double postage. I'll pass on that too. Lol
[-] The following 3 users Like Toys_Trains-Things's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, sunhuntin, Super
[Image: very-shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Aresedale productions