Wow.. very nice collection up for grabs..

63 Replies, 64499 Views

I wonder why this seller isn't selling items individually. He might make a little less but at 10-20 bucks per loco he'd be rolling in the green... or whatever color everyone else's bills are xD

I personally would nab that Chinese Dragon... or Caitlin. I don't know why but TM Caitlin is one I desire heavily... not her "coach" though.
(10-25-2017, 12:48 AM)Super Wrote: I had the same initial thought OTR...but I am assuming that there is a lot more included in the other 11 pictures not shown. There are a lot of motorized trains and they can add up to a lot of weight (just ask those of us who have bought lots from Japan) but certainly not $500 worth.

yup 250 tomy trains including engine and regular rolling stocks weights 21 pound.
Here is the listing.. there is actually quite a bit of stuff as well as reports of more not pictured, but probably not $10k worth.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3278396344
No Amtrak! Offering $5! Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • ripley802
How would there be any Amtraks when you have them all AC? DodgyUndecidedTongueBig Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, WoodWheel92
I’m not disputing the cost of the lot nor the shipping price. That’s A LOT of stuff! When I question the seriousness of the seller, I’m trying to imagine a buyer with $10K + to drop on a huge lot of used toys. I know those people are out there but are any of them looking to buy huge lots of recent vintage toys based on a few photos?

Some additional thoughts-

Good to see I’m not the only parent with a kid who runs around in his underwear and tries to get in every photo.

This seller has been fairly active selling on eBay, so this is clearly a “done with it” moment.

Didn’t Carrick Wilmont do the same thing about five years ago?

I need more coffee, so it’s possible that nothing I posted here makes any sense!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Carrick Wilmont (Vlastian) bought out 3 trailers full of new old stock from a massive collector/vendor in Germany, at least that is what he told me. He still hasn't sold off all that he received and its been years.

To me I don't see any serious collector being interested in buying this, a serious collector doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. This would be a ready made collection that no buyer could really call their own. They may own it all but they wouldn't be the collector of it, at least in my way of thinking.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, Tharazero1, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
most collectors would already have at least 50% of whats shown, if not more.

i think the shipping is bulked up by the amount of "one-click" assembly pieces. IE, they arent meant to come apart, making them a pain to store and sell.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
@Super: You made a really good point there! Part of collecting is the hunt. I know several prominent collectors in my other hobbies who’ve sold off or pared down their collections and it has been rare in the extreme for another collector to buy from them in whole or even large lots. The exception to this being retailers buying large lots for resale. Of course, a reseller isn’t going to pay full price if they expect to make any profit!

IIRC, Carrick Wilmont put a large (7000+ piece) collection on eBay for £40,000 back in 2012 and of course it didn’t sell. I admire his perseverance in selling it all off since it has taken at least five years so far. By this point, a lot of folks would have resorted to having a professional auction house come in to take over.
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super
Yes Sunhuntin just touched on the real problem with this particular collection...any serious collector would already have most of this, and there are no impossibly hard pieces to find in it to tempt anyone to buy it!! There is what looks like a BNIB Toby at the Copper Mine set, but that's about the rarest thing I see...Like I said: No Alfie, no Monty, no Thumper...no BNIB Powerful Gordon, No Gold Thomas, not a prototype, nothing...nothing that anyone can't desperately find... Include any of the rarities or all of them to the lot, and the possibility of another collector buying it would dramatically increase.

I've been thinking about this collection quite a bit since first seeing it posted...And I just have to give the greatest thanks again to Ucwepn & BPT, Sunhuntin, Super, Ripley, Geris,Thara, Bkvir, Jdog, and everyother member that has help me in my own pursuit to collect these trains!!Smile
Without you all, and all of your help and information, I would have been in this guy's same shoes...stuck with only eBay as my source to find things, I would have failed and quit, or would have gone crazy by now!!
I JUST REALLY CAN'T EXPRESS HOW GREATFUL I AM TO ALL OF YOU, HOW THANKFUL I AM TO KNOW YOU ALL, AND HOW HAPPY I AM TO BE A MEMBER OF BPT! It is very rare in life to actually have a dream truly fulfilled. Smile
W/ Love,
~ Muddy P.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 11:01 PM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 5 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92