Wow.. very nice collection up for grabs..

63 Replies, 64500 Views

(02-02-2018, 06:42 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Time is but a fleeting moment, and space is simply what we are able to fit into that moment.
Accumulating a hoard of valuable commotities that have consistently and steadily proven to increase in value every year, seems like the very definition of an investment?
It's called building an estate. Smile
Also, $400 couldn't even buy a used Alfie either...lol

Your points are good, I do agree.
And that is true, investing in items is a good idea, I suppose I would simply least expect the Thomas old toys to increase in such high value - probably because all the new toys in TrackMaster from 2013 onwards are horrible (apart from Plarail and Windup, although Plarail is starting to not paint buffers and making more unpowered engines, this is an irritating trend in their products to be honest!!).

Since I know you hoard commodities, do you have a plan what to do with them in the long run (the new unopened ones)? Perhaps set up an antique shop on amazon?

And just so you know, I fully respect your hoarding of the new items, their yours so you have the power to collect them however you want, as anyone does with their own collection, even though I personally would not do long term investments to build an estate. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes B'Station Official's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Actually it is the old style TrackMasters that has proven to have the best investment, as their prices have more than tripled in just the last few years... I agree that the new Revolutions are garbage, but even they will increase in value, because they are only made in short waves then are discontinued.
Also, we take it for granted that these toys are easy to find and therefore have minimal value, but not every town in America has a Walmart or Target, or Kmart, etc...and globally the supply/ demand is even crazier!
Japan doesn't have any FisherPrice Trackmaster line distribution at all!!
In Japan they are paying $150 for any Greatest Moments new release (Lexi/Harvey/Stephen).
As for our collection, I would never sell a single piece, it was made to be a living wiki library, and I would hope that my son will understand and recognize what it represents, and be responsible and well enough along in life to care for it (maybe even continue adding to it) and never have to sell it either, and be able to share it with his children one day...maybe even his children with thier children.
Yes I know that doesn't really sound like a monetary investment, but not all valuable investments are monetaryWink
Also, yes your HitToys Bert is very hard to find, I remember having a very hard time finding one too, and at this point any out of print character, especially from an out of the business company that is BNIB is very rare!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • B'Station Official, ThomasBlue
Thank you very much for the reply Muddy! I'm surprised Japan would even buy the Revolution, though! I've had some before and the plastic feels cheap and malleable. Lexi's basis and character is probably one of the ugliest engines to date, but her character in the film was decent - but the TM Revolution model looks pretty good comparing to Plarail's, even though I don't like the way every single train uses the same chassis - really takes away the unique identity of each model. Yes the TrackMaster TOMY / HiT Toys Company sets / trains I think were the best time for the EU, AU and US markets. 2007 - 2009 was the golden age I like to think, you had all the models you could possibly think of, flip face engines, amazing new track, accessories, sets, list goes on.

And as for your collection its a very unique idea to make it a museum, I hope I can visit one day your museum haha Smile

And yes I was lucky very lucky to pick him up - I have never ever seen an image of Bert in the HiT Toys box or his model with the trademark details, I always thought it was made up on the trackmaster wikia. But then one day I magically found Bert, not even meant to find him, and picked him up NIB for only $20 including shipping!

Also is Percy's Mail Trucks rare? I managed to pick one up earlier this week from Canada for only $42! I've never even seen an auction for one of these for the past 2-3 years I've been collecting, until now!
[-] The following 1 user Likes B'Station Official's post:
  • ThomasBlue
(02-02-2018, 11:21 PM)B'Station Official Wrote: And as for your collection its a very unique idea to make it a museum, I hope I can visit one day your museum haha Smile

I will pay very good money to visit a museum of that sort  Big Grin
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1