Whats The Big Deal With PlaKids?

37 Replies, 34688 Views

(11-12-2017, 11:08 AM)Super Wrote: How much fun would that be.....jumping on a plane to Japan for a shopping trip?

Loads!Big Grin If I had a passport and some money I'd be long gone! Japan is the first place I'm going when I get my passport. On a side note, when does Plarail Expo usually take place?
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 3 users Like Chrizzly's post:
  • mod thana, Super, ThomasBlue
Thats a good question, I hope someone here can fill us in for sure as I am anxious to see what exclusives may be sold there and if they are going to give away the clear blue Clarabel to match the Annie they gave away at the 2017 show. Hmmm, maybe this question will be better served in a Thread of its own.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails
(11-14-2017, 12:45 PM)Chrizzly Wrote: Japan is the first place I'm going when I get my passport. On a side note, Plarail Expo

Wouldn't it be neat to gather up a group on the forums to all travel in a group to the expo?

(coughcoughthenwecouldallbecheapandtrytodoagroupratethingcoughcough)
[-] The following 4 users Like ThomasBlue's post:
  • Chrizzly, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Yes! ...a BPT group gathering at a Plarail event would be amazingly awesome!! There are so many members that I would love to meet in person! ...can you just imagine what kinda "kids in a candy store" specticals we would make of ourselves all together?? Lol

Super here's a 3 plakid sleeper car and dinning car.
[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 08:30 PM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Chrizzly, Off The Rails, Super, ThomasBlue
Ahhhh, the much sought after and sometimes at a high price Plarail DD51 Hoktosei Set. One of the nicest and largest of the Plarail sets. And I am pretty sure it comes with the most PlaKids (8) of any set. Tandem DD51's pulling 5 See Inside cars. Is that your boxed set Muddy? When buying this used you often find the upper berth, which is removable, of the sleeper car missing. I have had a couple of these used, boxed and a few loose sets. Its a must have for the Plarail Collector.

[Image: 48cac39.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Cloudman, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
No we don't have this set just yet, but I fell in love with it when I saw it! I am working on it thoughSmile
I am guessing it's fairly old, since it comes with a VHS tape and not a DVD?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Oh wow, that’s definitely a set on my want list! Heck, just the double header DD51s are very cool in their own right.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 12:51 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
the sleeper car set was one of my first plarail items, and i got it for steal locally. think i paid $20NZD or there abouts. its complete and runs great, too. sadly, due to the length, it doesnt often get used as it seems overkill on a small oval or similar layout.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Here is my favorite Plakid website: http://sea.ap.teacup.com/shao/204.html
[-] The following 5 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, sunhuntin, Super
Hi Geris

Happy Holidays to you and Indigo, she sure is growing. It won't be too long until she will have a boyfriend and bring him over to play with all your toys. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1