Thomas Wood 2018 Releases

4 Replies, 6090 Views

Oh boy, these monstrosities..First let's start off with some basic characters.
[Image: IMG_2066.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2067.jpg]
When we push him down the well...Pop goes Old Ollie!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PopGoesOldOllie's post:
  • Super
I think these have all been out for a while now. Not really news that they look bad Tongue

What annoys me is that people continue buying it just for jokes and customs, directly after saying they'll never buy it ever no matter what
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • StarSwitcher07
The only good Thomas Wood stuff so far is the one item they just took from the old Wooden Railway assembly lines, and it doesn't even have a single bit of wood in it!
That would be S.C. Ruffey.
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
I've only ever purchased one Wood item, for the sole reason that this particular variation of the character was not available in anything other than this and My First Thomas form... I speak of course of my darling Red Rosie. [Image: 20180109_134332.jpg]

If she and any of the other Wood items were fully painted and had domes I may not have much to gripe about the range... but they aren't so gripe I shall.

Gotta say though for what it is the Thomas in this range isn't too bad. I mean we have actual representation of wheel arches here. It just looks better.
Now, if the other items weren't squashed I'd be happier still..
Poor Gordon.
I just hate everything about it. The chassis looks bad unpainted, and so does everything else. It just seems so off, and don't even get me started on the coaches and Bertie, and all the big engines getting squashed to ridiculous sizes! I simply can't support this. I mean, the original Wooden stuff was simplistic and had a lot to be desired, yes, but it wasn't so lazy as to not have a full coat of paint on an engine!!

I'm disappointed in those who give in to Wood just for one or a few characters, just as much as I am disappointed in those who buy it as a joke. Either way, you're giving Mattel support for the range and encouraging them to continue. There have been plenty of simple Rosie customs as of late that have very simple procedures anyway.

EDIT: I don't even *like* Wooden Railway, but this just seems like far too large and sudden of a change, especially for those who have spent their lives collecting these, and the parents who are forced to make the drastic switch in style and track for their children, and the few children who dislike the changes because they don't look as good as the old WOoden Railway.
Amateur voice actor