identity crisis of Thomas lookalikes

6 Replies, 10885 Views

It's as if there is a face on the front of the engine when you are not looking directly at it. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I can see this easily fooling the uncles and aunts.

[Image: 7b9abe6b4c3ca612963caddac4914c4b.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pablo392's post:
  • kmott
Ah I see you have strayed into the realm of the knockoff... this particular one is popular on Amazon...
This particular design is built by one knockoff company in China I believe and distributed under many different company names and different sets. The plastic used and wiring is cheaply made. This is what you get from a country that promotes Copyright infringement & sweatshop labor. Many other sets have copycat Tomy blue track and I see in this set it looks to have copycat Trackmaster track in blue. .
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks, I didn't buy it, since we my son is growing out of (or suspending until he realizes how fun the trains are) train phase.

The other reason I stay away from knockoffs is the possibility of lead paint and other chemical contaminants on these products. Three is a reason why toy imports are closely monitored and regulated, most people don't realize this. They just think plastic is plastic, and they are all the same. There is a similar issue with kids clothing, every single importer has to go through lab tests and make sure they are safe for children.
(01-14-2018, 12:01 PM)Super Wrote: This particular design is built by one knockoff company in China I believe and distributed under many different company names and different sets. The plastic used and wiring is cheaply made. This is what you get from a country that promotes Copyright infringement & sweatshop labor. Many other sets have copycat Tomy blue track and I see in this set it looks to have copycat Trackmaster track in blue. .

this engine has the same gauge as trackmaster. However it is so tall, it can't clear tomy tunnels, etc.
" Extraordinary Come On Brains"  Huh
LOL...I never even noticed that
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]