Trackmaster Knapford Station Question

33 Replies, 37626 Views

Thanks Ripley

I managed to get his Email address from his YouTube channel. I would like to see if he can duplicate these adapters using a color matched to either the Tomy gray track or the light tan of the Station deck. I would prefer the gray as I can send him a sample for color match.

One other thing about the Stations original lighting is to see that if somehow the switches worked with the overhead signs like red and green depending if the lever is set to stop or go. That would be very neat but until I disassemble the lever system I doubt it. Maybe thats why they decided not to complete the lighting because if all it did was light the 4 signs it doesn't seem like enough. Of course I will go over board as I have many ideas of electrifying the whole thing.

Here I go again...getting all excited about a new Custom and getting anxious to start when I have a few I need to finish before starting anything new.....but I am so excited.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, WoodWheel92
Ugh, Triple A's? That thing is bigger than the Dockyard! Still, great find Super!
Trying to get more TOMY trains and track
[-] The following 1 user Likes MunchJrTrains's post:
  • Super
Well this is very interesting, this is the first station I have seen without the areas for some kind of lighting/wiring. The track numbers are green with no wiring chase above it and the battery compartment is not there. Very curious. Now I am wondering which came first, the one with or the one without? Any guesses or does someone know?

[Image: s-ls1600.jpg][Image: s-dl1600.jpg][Image: s-l16a00.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • WoodWheel92
i thought the 1 with the battery compartment went with the celebration train.
i was told that the batteries were for a light intended for the ceiling in the entrance way.

some say it was to be a toys r us exclusive that got scrapped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes trevor369's post:
  • Super
Toys R Us exclusive, hmmm, would like to know more about that. Looking at some pictures, I found 3 sets (could there be more?) that has this Knapford Station, 2 that have the battery compartments and both are called Knapford Celebration, one with the special edition Celebration Thomas and one with Thomas, Stanley and Harold. Then there is the Thomas and Emily at Knapford Station that, looking closely at the box, looks to be the one I pictured above with no battery cover and green track numbers. If you can find a picture of the Toys R Us Exclusive edition or if anyone else knows of a different release of this Track master Station I would appreciate any info.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg][Image: knapford-station-celebration.jpg][Image: 350x200.jpg]
  • mod thana
i think theres another 1
that is just knapford station. i dont believe that has the battery compartment.
it was scaled down. no train. just a destination piece

the emily set i believe does not have the compartment.
never opened it

the 1 with stanley. i haven't seen that in a long time. tragic story actually
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2018, 04:06 AM by trevor369.)
[-] The following 2 users Like trevor369's post:
  • mod thana, Super
(01-15-2018, 10:19 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Da-lag

I did notice as you say but because I have not had one in my hands didn't know if it may have been a hinged, snap to open/close door. The box says that it takes 1 AA battery but maybe they meant that for the Thomas engine that supposedly comes with it. I am curious as to what is under this as it looks as if its separate from the operation of the stop/go tracks. I think I may like to get my hands on one of these some day for some customization's.

Like the box says, the battery is for the Celebration Thomas that comes with it
[-] The following 2 users Like grodriguez's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Hi everyone this information I am about to tell you should clean up all the confusion and delay about the two versions of the TrackMaster Knapford station.

To note firstly, Knapford station was only released in the US, from 2007 - 2009 by only TrackMaster HiT Toys Company.

In 2007, Knapford station was sold as a destination piece on its own, with four switches, no green battery panel, and the numbers 1-4 under the station's canopy was sticker decals.

In the same year, 2007, the set Thomas & Emily at Knapford Station was released which included the same station included above in the set. Both of these sets were discontinued by early 2009.

Then in 2009, the second version of Knapford station was released. This version has a green battery cover for 3 AA batteries which were meant to power up the numbers under the canopy, which were fitted with lights, sounds and wires - for unknown reasons this idea was never finished and the final product was likely never finished, suggesting that this version of Knapford station was released around mid 2009, towards the very end of the HiT Toys TrackMaster in US knowing that Mattel started selling the TrackMaster Fisher Price range in late 2009. The second version of Knapford station was included in a new destination being Knapford Station Celebration, which included the exclusive Celebration Thomas.

As for the Knapford Station Celebration Set released around the same time in mid 2009 at the end of range's time, it also had the second version of Knapford station. Both of the second releases of Knapford station were discontinued by late 2009 along with the other products from the TrackMaster HiT Toys Company range.
[-] The following 2 users Like B'Station Official's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Very interesting. Thanks for the information B'Stat that pretty much says it all.
  • B'Station Official
No problem! I'm happy to share information to help others out with their questions.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 10:48 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes B'Station Official's post:
  • Super