Leyland Victory 2 collection

87 Replies, 66852 Views

No, i got it from a lot which contains five troublesome trucks in different colour.

Slightly different than what I ordered.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Set-of-5-Trouble...Swvktaep4o
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I wanna revive this thread quick now that I've found this lovely tweet with a photo from the Talyllyn Railway -- turns out the refreshment coach was real and was pulled as part of trains, serving refreshments! https://twitter.com/FlyingKipper03/statu...6157009920
The engine in the picture is, as mentioned in the caption, Douglas, who is Duncan's twin.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Thanks. You reminded of a bus. The bus below (Ford overland ELF) was acquired by Toronto Transit Commission in 2008 i think. It was used to carry passengers with physical disabilities. After it was withdrawn, it was donated to Food share program. It was turned into a mobile fruit and vegetable stand. This bus reminded me of bulgy vegetable bus stand. Sadly it had withdrawn from the vegyable stand duty at an inknown date as evident by the graffiti.
[Image: 13235634_581578662008544_9171315380678629379_o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
So I did some Christmas shopping to buy some toys for my nephews and some to myself ha ha.  The trackmaster section at Wal Mart is extremly limited.  So I found a whole box of 3 car sets.  1/2 of that box contains Thomas and the yellow car (I can't remember the name of the yellow car).  9/10 of the other half contains Yong Bao.  I found only one Havey set.  

I liked the wood chipper and the rolling stock Yong Bao comes with.  So i brought one of each.  
[Image: tree.jpg]

[Image: tree1.jpg]

I am planning to add Yong Bao's rolling stock to my search and rescue collection.  
[Image: string.jpg]

[Image: string1.jpg]

The car itself is very light and can topple very easily if you saw Leokim's video on youtube.  

Fisher Price must know that some of us have the triangle screwdriver and can replace the couplings relatively easily.  Nowadays some of the rolling stocks' couplings are now part of the chassis.  So be very careful how you store them and uncouple them.  The last thing you want the coupling to snap.

[Image: havey2.jpg]

[Image: harvey3.jpg]

Trackmaster 2 Harvey looks more realistic than the 1st generation.  

[Image: yongbao.jpg]

[Image: yongbao1.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Super
The few of the Revolution rolling stock that I have had in my hand did not impress me much due to the one side fixed coupling and they are way too light. The only piece that I am keeping is the water & oil tender that goes with Lexi and in that, I took apart and added weight for it to roll and track better. Yong Bao would make a great lead engine for a Xmas Layout Train. I didn't know you were into the Revolutions Leyland.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Despite being light, shiny, and generally unpleasant, TMR rolling stock does have one thing going for it. If you were looking for trucks/wagons to paint up for a Narrow Gauge themed layout, they're just the job; their shortness looks rather authentic in this context. That's why I don't mind accumulating them. Plans, plans, plans.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
They do have some neat ideas on their stock and I was thinking along the same lines for customs. In fact I accumulated several of the Smelting Pot cars from the Steamworks Thomas set because I wanted to remove the Pots and install them on regular Plarail/Tomy flat bed cars (like I did for Lexi's tender tanks) but they didn't make them to be easily removed and a lot of cutting plastic would be needed so I scrapped that idea. That yellow woodchipper looks like it could be a candidate to fit on a normal Plarail/Tomy/Trackmaster flat bed though as long as it can easily be separated.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yong Bao makes me wish I had one of those Dragon railcars because that would make a very cool train.

Even better would be a Plarail version of Yong Bao! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
(12-02-2018, 11:25 AM)Super Wrote: The few of the Revolution rolling stock that I have had in my hand did not impress me much due to the one side fixed coupling and they are way too light. The only piece that I am keeping is the water & oil tender that goes with Lexi and in that, I took apart and added weight for it to roll and track better. Yong Bao would make a great lead engine for a Xmas Layout Train. I didn't know you were into the Revolutions Leyland.

I am not really into trackmaster revolutions.  I am only interested in unique rolling stocks. I only got a couple of brand new trackmaster revolution sets.  The other revolution items were acquired via a lot on ebay.

(12-02-2018, 05:05 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: Yong Bao makes me wish I had one of those Dragon railcars because that would make a very cool train.

Even better would be a Plarail version of Yong Bao! Big Grin

i guess you are referring to the Chinese Dragons.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 12:57 AM by Super.)
I got this from a lot. I know it came from a Talk n Action Train. I just couldn't figure out which engine it was attached to. I already removed the old coupling with the "Fish eye" hook from a dead Molly.

[Image: truck.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Trainboy90 Productions