Lego/Plarail Flatbed Car

8 Replies, 8878 Views

Looks interesting for those who would love to combine both Plarail and Lego in their trains. https://www.jauce.com/auction/f253716302

[Image: km1v21352.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana
interesting.

the original magnetic tomy range was specifically advertised as lego compatible. couldnt believe it when i saw the advert on google.

[Image: KGr_Hq_YOKi_E2n_LNY8k_RBNud_QSPUIQ_3.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Well blow me away, I never knew about that, just think of all the fun I could have with some of those Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
I sort of expected a full LEGO construction designed to be compatible with Plarail (it is possible - The track is 4 studs wide, and there are numerous ways to recreate Plarail couplings accurately). I found out it was actually factory made and the seller placed LEGO bricks on it to demonstrate the stud feature (as evidenced by LEGO's red being a darker shade than that used on the flatbed, and the flatbed having unmarked studs).
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • mod thana, Super
i actually want to see it with the lego removed. ive never known a plarail flatdeck to have pre-existing studs, but lag is right in that the centre studs are not stamped lego.

i also want to know about the wording underneath. creatures gamefreak, which google tells me is affiliated with pokemon. so, it seems this came with one of the pokemon sets. google is not showing me any images with a red flatdeck or carriage base.

edit: is this it?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOMY-Pokemon-Dia...SwXoxacXjF
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 06:53 PM by sunhuntin.)
Good find Sun...I have seen that set before as I always found it weird because the middle flatbed did not go with the front and rear bullet train. The flat car in your set looks to have yellow wheels and white couplers where the one Listed in the auction has grey wheels and gray/black couplers. I am wondering if the one Listed came in a Diablock set.

I think these videos use the Diablocks on top of the flatbed.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Are these flatbeds maybe from the really old Tomy Thomas sets? I seem to recall the loco's in those sets had some 'studs', also some of the very old Tomy normal sets had some studs on some of the little carriages from what i recall when I had a few of them...

Talking of old Tomy Thomas trains, I just found this which looks interesting, especially at the BIN price...

Thomas Accessories Set

Here we go an example of the old Tomy trains I've seen with 'studs' on them...

Tomy Train Set 3
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 10:35 PM by Nigels.)
Of course not. Those engines and rolling stock were large and chunky and used magnets (they coexisted with the Plarail scale Motor Road and Rail range for a short time), whereas this is clearly a more modern item. One photo of this even shows the licensing info (including Creatures and Game Freak, which are not one company and are connected to Pokémon). Therefore, this is, as Sun pointed out, from one of the Pokémon sets (if it were Thomas, it would've had Britt Allcroft or Gullane markings underneath).
Please accept my apologies oh great one, I forgot the omnipotent Dala is always correct and us mere mortals are not allowed an opinion or to speculate. I'll keep quiet in future like most of the members on this board for fear of falling foul of your great powers and wisdom...
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 06:13 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • StarSwitcher07