Trackmaster Den?

9 Replies, 11747 Views

Was there 2 different releases of Trackmaster Den? One with black wheels and orange painted fake side rods and one with blue wheels and non-painted black side rods? Did Tomy release a version of Den?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TheNarrowGaugeEngines
That's correct Super, but sadly no Plarail Den or Dart
Hi Ucwepn

I am watching your video on Den and Dart now. On the 2 different releases, is one (blue wheels) a flat drive like in your video and the other, older release (black wheels) have a Thomas type like Dart?
nah I'd say it would be flat drive as well
Thanks Ucwepn!
Hmmm...The real Den doesn't seem to have side rods but this picture gives me some ideas for modifying him.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Ucwepn
(04-15-2015, 02:49 AM)Super Wrote: Hmmm...The real Den doesn't seem to have side rods but this picture gives me some ideas for modifying him.

They look like external connection rods to me.....

http://www.pegnsean.net/~railwayseries/den.htm

[Image: NVR+100527+011.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
Thanks Chrisjo

When you say external connection rods does that mean they aren't on the wheels? Must be different releases of this engine since the other picture does not have them. Hey, could that be a Dart behind in the shed?
(04-15-2015, 05:34 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Chrisjo

When you say external connection rods does that mean they aren't on the wheels? Must be different releases of this engine since the other picture does not have them.

Yes, they are on the wheels, and visible, hence external. Some diesel shunters have internal connection rods connecting cranked axles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thanks Chrisjo, I didn't know that.