2014 Trackmaster redesign

157 Replies, 292861 Views

Reading what you all have to say of what Trackmaster has done it looks like there will be a big boost in sales for the Tomy/Plarail products. What do you think?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
unless TOMY/Plarail becomes readily available in a retail environment, people (kids and parents) will take the readily available option that being whats on the shelf in front of them rather than waiting 2 weeks for mail order. That's in my experience from allot of peoples comments on my video as they see TOMY/Plarail as out of reach, also Trackmaster have a fiercely loyal following due to being American (but really in name only). It will continue to divide the community, I got in a nasty argument last night on facebook after I said I don't like the look but I will buy them and review them anyway I was called all sorts of names including a hypocrite by loyal fans who were very emotional and defended the new designs lol.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, Super
[Image: laughter.gif]

Sounds like a lot of youngsters must be on that Facebook page...either that or a bunch of adults acting like children. These are friggin childrens toys for petes sake.

[Image: forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes many children and some people with medical conditions also as they seem to relate well to Thomas, one argument they used were "These are toys for children!" I was offended by that and sprung to the defense of adult collectors and players (also discerning parents) wanting the best product that can be produced to be what they release, not this cost cutting rubbish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
[Image: smiley-lol.gif] Exactly why I don't participate in the so call social media.
chris, that was one of the most amusing things ive seen for a while, hehe.

after seeing the pics you posted over there of new characters like gator etc, i think i might be ok with the redesign, but new characters only, since i have no basis of how they should look as a trackmaster model, lol. the bad things wont be so glaringly obvious.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
oh it was horrible lol I just wanted to go to sleep but I cannot quit in the face of such injustice, its like they were hired by mattel they way they were talking Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • sunhuntin
I recently found the new diesel 10, victor, hiro, and diesel. They seem ok, diesel 10 looked terrible. He was fatter and stranger in all ways. His car however was cool. It was detailed well with a symbol. I am trying to locate thomas and I will get the new tale of the brave james, timothy, logan, and gator as well as some cars and track packs, but that's probly it. I plan to have a few choice ones running on a moderate sized track, so that's really all I'm interested in.
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(06-10-2014, 12:38 AM)Super Wrote: These are friggin childrens toys for petes sake.

No excuse. The Nostalgia Critic put it quite well, "Just because something is meant for younger children doesn't give you the right not to try!" Or something like that...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jaytrain1's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
(06-10-2014, 02:26 PM)Jaytrain1 Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 12:38 AM)Super Wrote: These are friggin childrens toys for petes sake.

No excuse. The Nostalgia Critic put it quite well, "Just because something is meant for younger children doesn't give you the right not to try!" Or something like that...

True, they maybe toys to kids, but to us it's more than that, which makes a it a dissapointment when stuff that's sucks comes out.
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!