Info on this LE C12

9 Replies, 14807 Views

Does anyone have info on this neat Limited Edition C12 Snowblower? I see that both the snowblowing unit and the C12 engine have traction tires. I am guessing that the snowblowing traction tires drive the snow throwing fans but it this really driven by the 3rd unit (C12)? Is that middle car a coal tender? Might there be a YouTube video?

[Image: 87622_zps11fb02de.jpg]

[Image: 287622_zps13c1614b.jpg]

[Image: 7622_zps93f7dfe6.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
(06-10-2014, 03:11 AM)Super Wrote: Does anyone have info on this neat Limited Edition C12 Snowblower? I see that both the snowblowing unit and the C12 engine have traction tires. I am guessing that the snowblowing traction tires drive the snow throwing fans but it this really driven by the 3rd unit (C12)? Is that middle car a coal tender? Might there be a YouTube video?

[Image: 87622_zps11fb02de.jpg]

[Image: 287622_zps13c1614b.jpg]

[Image: 7622_zps93f7dfe6.jpg]

Howdy Super,

This is actually a former train set like the current Plarail engines are sold; I've seen a video of this exact model, differently coloured, actually running. The tank engine is actually a dummy engine, pulled by the motorized snowplow, whose blade rotates while the snowplow trundles along the line. I'll try to locate the video on YouTube, and I'll send a PM with the link when I come across it; hope this helps.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Super
Thanks HankAmericanEngines

Much appreciated. I am curious as to how the workings of the snowplow look like and how the drive unit moves the blades. Might the battery be in that middle car, whatever that is? Also curious as to why the dummy engine has the traction tires. Does it have sound?
(06-10-2014, 03:49 AM)Super Wrote: Thanks HankAmericanEngines

Much appreciated. I am curious as to how the workings of the snowplow look like and how the drive unit moves the blades. Might the battery be in that middle car, whatever that is? Also curious as to why the dummy engine has the traction tires. Does it have sound?

Howdy Super,

Here's the link to the video of the exact snowplow train set you've got(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxsfCJT...2&index=31); as for the middle car, I believe it is simply something to carry supplies or additional coal for the tank engine that would push it in real life. It is also the compartment for the battery to operate the motorized snowplow; as for the engine, it possesses traction tires to allow the side rods to move easily. Without the traction tires, it does not allow the wheels to easily move the side rods with much ease; as for sound, the tank engine does not make any.

• Super
Thanks HAE. that video showed a lot. First thing that stands out is that sure is a candidate for some black couplers. And it also explains the C12 I was going to buy on Yahoo Japan because it had a front coupling hook. I had never seen one before and thought maybe it was a mod. I also thought it was motor driven because of the traction tires. Good thing I didn't buy it as even though I love the idea of the front hook coupler on a C12 I would have been disappointed when I found out the hard way it was a dummy. Nice little set, really unusual. I wonder in real life how they got the coal from the middle tender to the rear tank engine...buckets?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
(06-10-2014, 04:17 AM)Super Wrote: Thanks HAE. that video showed a lot. First thing that stands out is that sure is a candidate for some black couplers. And it also explains the C12 I was going to buy on Yahoo Japan because it had a front coupling hook. I had never seen one before and thought maybe it was a mod. I also thought it was motor driven because of the traction tires. Good thing I didn't buy it as even though I love the idea of the front hook coupler on a C12 I would have been disappointed when I found out the hard way it was a dummy. Nice little set, really unusual. I wonder in real life how they got the coal from the middle tender to the rear tank engine...buckets?

You're welcome Super; as much as I ponder, having seen some snowplows in action via videos on YouTube, the clearing is halted on occasion to have the snowplow inspected for any jams as the metal can go to the frigid temperatures to turn the snow into ice. Most likely they did use some manner of a bucket system to restock coal into the tank engine.

• Super
You Da Man Hank... [Image: praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Huh, I don't know much about plarail trains, but I see a lot of them I want, lol. If only these where available where I am, cuz that's awsome!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Super
(06-10-2014, 02:27 PM)Trackmaster-Rail-Yard Wrote: Huh, I don't know much about plarail trains, but I see a lot of them I want, lol. If only these where available where I am, cuz that's awsome!
The world is a much smaller place now and pretty much everything is available with a click of the mouse. Wink
(06-10-2014, 07:30 PM)Super Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 02:27 PM)Trackmaster-Rail-Yard Wrote: Huh, I don't know much about plarail trains, but I see a lot of them I want, lol. If only these where available where I am, cuz that's awsome!
The world is a much smaller place now and pretty much everything is available with a click of the mouse. Wink
True my friend , makes my axles wobble just thinking about it, lol Wink
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Super