Lithium Battery???

30 Replies, 36297 Views

(01-10-2018, 08:40 PM)Super Wrote: Screaming trains LOL. What are the NIMH batteries? When using the plastic AA adapters to fit the C battery trains it is sometime necessary to add weight so the front end doesn't jump the rail or jump the points.

Hi Super, thought I had replied. the NIMH batteries are just the rechargeable version of the Alkaline you get at the store. Basically, I got a good charger and then ordered bulk on ebay generic AA, and AAA ( NImh batteries with the same voltage as their AA and AAA counterparts). I also got some Li-ion 14500 batteries. they are designed to be the same size as AA batteries but deliver 3-3.7 volts rather than 1.2-1.5V. it beats swapping out the motor. I would recommend the "etstair" ones. I did buy a couple of disposable 14500 batteries to test out my hypothesis and found that some of them didn't have a sufficient 'nipple' on the + end. with some of the trains that had ridges on either side of the battery compartment, this meant that the battery wasn't in good connection. The yellow Etstairs work great and they have one of the highest capacitance you can get. Capacitance is the amount of juice that the battery can store. I figure a pay a little bit more for larger capacitance batteries and not have to swap out batteries as often... and they should last longer, in theory.
[Image: IMG_7767.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • Super