Adding to my Hornby 00 Collection...

29 Replies, 24837 Views

Firstly we have a Hornby Class 08 Diesel loco (as opposed to the prior Class 06 ones I posted about), this one is in a bit of an odd livery as it was part of a 'kiddies' set themed Jurassic Park style with a train, rocket launchers, dinosaurs etc... Normally I probably wouldn't have been interested in this, but seeing as I got it for a knock down price of only £7.99 I figured it was worth having as it could be used as a donor to make me a Devious Diesel Smile

It's not quite perfect as it is missing the steps at the front bottom corners of the loco, but this can be repaired so its not obvious, I intend to retain the yellow/black chevrons, but give the rest of the body a nice black satin paint job, with some detailing on the grills etc... and of course a Diesel face (possibly nicked off a Tomy model).

[Image: IMG_20180416_214528664.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180416_214542124.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180416_214604773.jpg]

A nice little touch was the inclusion with the loco above this beautiful and detailed little Hornby tank wagon. Although I have a couple of this style, this is the first of this particular livery I've got and have to say I wouldn't mind getting a few more Smile

[Image: IMG_20180416_214632303.jpg]

Lastly I have another lovely bargain, this is a 'Pullman' coach, in days gone by the most luxurious of coaches used for train travel and providing not only drawing room luxury, but often meals and service of equal measure.

This isn't the first Pullman coach I've got, in fact I've got quite a few, including a rake of the Hornby ones with real working lights (the lamps on the tables light up on those). While this is not one of those types, it was purchased as an un-boxed example of a Hornby pullman at a knock down price of £5. So imagine my surprise and delight to find when I opened it and examined it to find out it is actually not a Hornby example, but one manufactured by Wrenn. Often Wrenn rolling stock and locos go for way more than Hornby and are eagerly sought by Wrenn collectors Smile

[Image: IMG_20180416_214846934.jpg]

This is a close up of the detail showing you the tables and lamps, as I said these ones don't light up, but the special Hornby ones do and are glorious...

[Image: IMG_20180416_214904074.jpg]

This is another close up of the end of the car showing the detail around the doors etc... Not bad for quite an old model, although again the latest Hornby lit carriages have refinements such as curtains on the windows and on this part brass looking hand rails by the doors etc... at some point I'll post a comparison of the various Pullman coaches available.

[Image: IMG_20180416_214922370.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • mod thana, Super

Messages In This Thread
Adding to my Hornby 00 Collection... - by Nigels - 03-16-2018, 02:45 PM
RE: Adding to my Hornby 00 Collection... - by Nigels - 04-16-2018, 09:19 PM