Planning for a custom...

3 Replies, 4360 Views

Ok, well we all know that Hornby sell a range of Thomas 00 gauge loco's and rolling stock. However I was looking for Oliver (seems to be a re-curring theme), apparently there was one at one point, but they are incredibly rare - only one I've seen on eBay is priced at £300.

Soooo, I've decided to look into making one of my own, after all its about time I used that airbrush kit I bought and this seems like an ideal time to do so.

On this basis I've been looking for a good doner loco, which I've found, it would appear that Oliver is actually a 14xx type british 0-6-0 tank loco. So I'm currently looking for a good priced, but good running/condition 2nd hand model, however typically they don't seem to be that common. But I will find one.

In the meantime I've managed to find someone selling Thomas 'faces' (new), another selling GWR decals so all I really need to do now is decide what shade of green is needed for the re-spray when I finally find the loco I want...

Watch this space...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
The '14xx's were 0-4-2, not 0-6-0. Just saying.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Nigels
Airbrush time. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
(03-23-2018, 12:15 AM)Chrizzly Wrote: The '14xx's were 0-4-2, not 0-6-0. Just saying.

No you are totally correct, my bad, that's what you get for typing things too quickly Smile

But this is the reason I'm after a 14xx as this is the same configuration as Oliver in the stills I've seen of the cartoon version Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin