Modification Planning - Suggestions Please?

15 Replies, 15183 Views

Ok, well that donor loco turned up (it's an E2 class 0-6-0 tank loco) and I've decided that I will instead of converting it will take UCEWPN's suggestion of renovation instead Smile

My reasoning being;
  • It's in way better condition than the original listing showed, sure its missing a smoke box door and its dusty, but apart from that its pretty much complete.
  • It runs beautifully, a bit of oil and a service to remove any fluff/debris and it will be a great little loco
  • I don't actually have one of these class of loco's and its a lovely looking livery!

Anyway, to illustrate what I mean here's a couple of pics of her;

[Image: IMG_20180418_182437783.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180418_182447018.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180418_182458091.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
That last picture reminds me of what a real one looks like in the shed when they repair/clean the boilers in real life including the scale that was removed and is sitting on the boiler plate in front of the open boiler.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
Dead right super, I may even leave that 'debris' there for realism reasons - I wonder if I can fit the new smoke box door on a hinge somehow, now that would be cool, could even fit some steam pipes inside then Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2018, 08:40 PM by Super.)
  • Super
I want to say I have seen brass or white metal doors with hinges on the...at least that is what my head is telling me.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Quite likely, it all depends if they would be the correct size and/or suitable for this model Smile
  • Super
Most likely there are hinges that would fit. They make pretty much anything in HO and OO scales.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super