Some Interesting Triang Space Battle Items on eBay

2 Replies, 3837 Views

There was some discussion recently about 'searchlight' cars and I mentioned that there was actually a Triang model of one from years back that actually had a working searchlight.

Well I just noticed that these other models from the range that popped up on eBay and thought I'd mention them so you could see what Traing (now Hornby) were up to back in the 60's/70's Smile

Glider launching Car

Helicopter Launchpad Car

Snow Plow
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Oh wow, I would’ve loved that as a kid! Heck, I love it now!

I remember that Lionel here in the US did some vaguely similar military themed sets but they were always out of my price range. I had a couple Tyco HO engines and a decent amount of rolling stock but nothing military.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Nigels, Super
There are others in the range as well that come up now and again, as I mentioned above there's a working searchlight car (quite fancy that myself), there is also one with a multi-barrelled cannon on it (with firing missile type things), one carrying a tank (I think) and other bits and bobs - quite a nice range, I reckon if they were to re-instate it they would sell by the bucket load. Mind you there are always the Roco military range you can get if you want a military train Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super