Flip-Face Gordon and Percy, Toby with an odd car

36 Replies, 27010 Views

Would there have been much paint if any on a plastic motorized flip face Percy? However don't the wooden trains have all paint?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Every toy is spraypainted a color (Thomas is sprayed blue, Percy green, that's what differentiates them from the original production plastic color). The wooden train paint got switched one day (I think) and it was wrong. It's a fun story to read on haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes StarSwitcher07's post:
  • Super
(05-10-2018, 12:00 AM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: That can't be the case because that set was during the HiT Toy Company era, not Fisherprice.
Well that would seem logical! It couldn't be on the FP website because it's Hit, so it could only have been Thomas wiki?...oh Star this is gonna take me forever to dig into the memory banks to remember where I read that!! Wink It's gonna drive me crazy now too....maybe Jdogman will pop in with some info that might jog my memory?!?
Please Jdog if your out there?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
(05-10-2018, 03:35 AM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: Every toy is spraypainted a color (Thomas is sprayed blue, Percy green,

Looking at several trains that I have, the plastic is colored (dyed?) not painted ie: Thomas has blue plastic, Percy has green. But I did notice other painted areas that I didn't figure in my equations. Things like a black roof or gold whistle are painted so it wouldn't matter how small a painted part is, if it has lead then it can get into a youngsters system. Now I am not saying this is what happened or if it did it happened in this line of toys...just thinking out loud.
i remember the lead paint issue, but not what thomas items were affected. it was 2007, i think? the pixar cars diecast sarge was one of the problem items, and most of us were asked to return them. mine were and still are sealed, and always will be. as such, i elected to keep them
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Chrizzly, DalaGStanator, Super
(05-10-2018, 04:37 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Well that would seem logical! It couldn't be on the FP website because it's Hit, so it could only have been Thomas wiki?...oh Star this is gonna take me forever to dig into the memory banks to remember where I read that!! Wink It's gonna drive me crazy now too....maybe Jdogman will pop in with some info that might jog my memory?!?
Please Jdog if your out there?

Nooooo I don't knoooow.

The only Thomas toy recalls I ever knew about were the two Wooden Railway recalls in 2007 for lead red/yellow paint and lead grey/black paint. I also remember the Tomy website putting up a notice asking not to send any of their items.

I don't know anything about a recall for TrackMaster products. I thought we kept waiting for Percy and the Ice Cream Factory and Flip-Face Gordon and they never came.
[-] The following 3 users Like jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
I would like to revive this thread because i may have a tiny bit more info and a few theories on the infamous Flip Face Percy

Percy at the ice cream factory:
this set was supposed to be released in 2007, appearing in fun guides and on the back of boxes. The set was cancelled for reasons unknown. the fun guide description says how this set would have worked. The Percy featured would have had a face change mechanism like Toby, James and Thomas. He also would have pulled a brown car with a YELLOW barrel. however in 2008 the RC HiT Toys Percy was released with a tired expression & blue coach. no other RC engine had an exclusive face and the tooling from the RC Percy is near identical to the Flip face one as Ffarquar Developer mentioned in another post. Somebody mentioned lead paint and multiple people claim that they have seen one, a logical explanation would be that he was released as A: an exclusive item to a certain store (spooky Stanley style) or B: a few accidentally slipped out. it would make sense for them to be recalled by HiT as they weren't supposed to be released, maybe for that exact reason: lead paint. A few wooden railway items were recalled in the same year so it all lines up perfectly...

Singular flip face Percy?: In a tweet from SidekickJason he said he had contacted HiT with questions about their line, on numerous occasions he brought up the flip face engines (this is in 2009) The employee (Amy) said that they would be released in the future as singular engines without sets like Toby or James. They did release the Flip face Hiro singularly as well as James and Thomas. In the email they mentioned Gordon several times and a singular Gordon was featured in the image that muddy posted at the beginning of the thread as well as a Percy without windows but the Ice cream factory Percy DID have windows therefore they are not the same model i think. Fisher Price bought HiT out in 2010, the emails are from 2009 therefore i think that the Gordon and Percy were supposed to be released separately in 2010. Also the car that Percy pulls is different in both his images (one sloping inwards. The barrel is also pink in this version...i have no idea why. 

[Image: 2021-02-24-2.png]

[Image: Track-Master-Hi-TToy-Company-Percyatthe-...actory.jpg]

[Image: Track-Master-Hi-TToy-Company-Percyatthe-...ctory1.png]

[Image: Track-Master-Hi-TToy-Company-Prototype-F...ngines.jpg]
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 3 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
Interesting
Those eyes on Gordon look like an eerie hypnotist. Wonder what his flip side looks like.  And what is that in his Tender, certainly not black coal.
What is that in the car behind Toby...cargo? What would a street tram be doing pulling cargo?
I would assume the flip side would have been angry as he was portrayed as angry a lot in the HiT era...
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
It would be interesting to see what his angry face would look like with bug eyes like those Smile