Flip-Face Gordon and Percy, Toby with an odd car

36 Replies, 27007 Views

What if the pink barrel flip face percy is the first prototype of the the flip face percy as there are no cab windows on it. To add to this that flip face toby looks exactly like the prototype seen on the copper mine box (except it has a brown truck not a blue one ) and the Gordon looks very off.
So therefore my mini theory is that the image of the three engines was made BEFORE the percy with the ice cream factory image was taken and that they are the original prototypes.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(02-24-2021, 02:46 PM)Super Wrote: What is that in the car behind Toby...cargo? What would a street tram be doing pulling cargo?
Toby's first job on Sodor was working for the Ffarquhar Quarry Company...

[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, Super
(02-24-2021, 02:55 PM)Tons of Trackmasters Wrote: He also would have pulled a brown car with a YELLOW barrel. however in 2008 the RC HiT Toys Percy was released with a tired expression & blue coach. no other RC engine had an exclusive face and the tooling from the RC Percy is near identical to the Flip face one as Ffarquar Developer mentioned in another post. Somebody mentioned lead paint and multiple people claim that they have seen one, a logical explanation would be that he was released as A: an exclusive item to a certain store (spooky Stanley style) or B: a few accidentally slipped out. it would make sense for them to be recalled by HiT as they weren't supposed to be released, maybe for that exact reason: lead paint. A few wooden railway items were recalled in the same year so it all lines up perfectly...

Yes, I would like to add to this! They might've seen the RC Percy though since both are incredibly identical and the latter was probably a reused tooling. B is also very likely as well. Definitely COULD and probably was the CASE where they had so many plans for 2010 like TrackMaster Daisy, Flip-Face Gordon, and Percy, we did see they did have Charlie planned so it wouldn't be too far off to say 2010 would've been a great year for TrackMaster with releases but alas that was canned with the FP Takeover.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
@Chrisjo

Thank you for the pictures. I am shocked as I always assumed that he was a Tram/Streetcar the carried passengers but looking closely at your pictures I see that he isn't electric which would have been what I pictured in my head for a Tram/Streetcar. I see a smoke stack in the rear...what is he powered by and is he based on something real?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Cow's trackmasters and more, DalaGStanator
I'd also like to add to this thread. In the one pic you can see I've circled the eyes, this is because I noticed that the eyes appear to be separate from the face unlike the other flip face engines. This gives me reason to believe the face would rotate around stationary eyes. Another thing, notice how on the FF Gordons footplate the buffer beam dips far beneath the buffers, the Fisher Price talking Gordon has an almost identical dip beneath the buffers. I think some parts off of the FF Gordon were used in the production of the Fisher Price talking Gordon.
[Image: ff-gordon-footplate.png]

[Image: talking-gordon-footplate.png]

[Image: weird-eyes.png]
If it ain't motorized I don't want it!       Cool Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like gordonfan01's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, Super
(02-25-2021, 03:10 AM)Super Wrote: @Chrisjo

Thank you for the pictures. I am shocked as I always assumed that he was a Tram/Streetcar the carried passengers but looking closely at your pictures I see that he isn't electric which would have been what I pictured in my head for a Tram/Streetcar. I see a smoke stack in the rear...what is he powered by and is he based on something real?

Toby is a J70 steam tram. He was built in 1914 and arrived on Sodor around 1951. Fun Fact: Toby has brothers, one of whom was briefly seen in the railway series story: Toby's seaside Holiday.
[Image: j70.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
[Image: Track-Master-Hi-TToy-Company-Prototype-F...ines-1.jpg]
The prototype flip face Gordon is a different beast entirely! 
In his token prototype image he has: no number, beige coal, white running board and...that face... of course it was a prototype and would NOT have that face (I hope ?.) Lets tackle the Gordon:

As great Gordon fan said: Images of these 3 engines appeared all over boxes in 2007 therefore in 2007 these were built. Percy doesn't have any windows but has them later in his ice cream factory prototype image therefore we could say that: A-This is a DIFFERENT prototype or B- this is the same models and the windows were added later, this therefore could put this image before the Ice Cream factory was created. Toby was brushed up and his prototype featured in the box artwork for the Toby at the copper mine set. 

Fast forward to 2009 when the emails that i mentioned before really come into place. Sidekickjason asked Amy a lot about the flip face Gordon in 2009 that is 2 years after the first prototype was shown. (Amy was an employee at HiT toys) she said they would be available soon (2010?) in 2010 FP bought out HiT so it makes sense i guess?

Flip face Gordon would probably never come out in a set but like Hiro and Thomas (2009).

[Image: 2021-02-25-2.png]
by the way, should flip face Gordon have a wiki page?
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
That's exactly what I said in one of my previous posts on this thread
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 01:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
oh sorry, i didn't noticeBlush. I'll go and cut that bit out
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super
It's ok Tons don't worry Wink .
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 01:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters