Underground Ernie Battery Train Tracks...

9 Replies, 6750 Views

As you know on my other thread about the Bachmann OO gauge Underground Ernie trains thread I posted some pictures and info about the battery versions as well, including the fact that they are claimed by some to be compatible with Tomy BPT.

OK, well good/great news, I just got a delivery of a job lot of "Underground Ernie" battery train tracks, after all whats the point of having the trains and no track? Only to find they are almost 100% identical to the older dark blue Tomy track, down to the texture in the wheel tracks. Taking a standard curve for example they are a 100% duplicate size and thickness to our well beloved currently BPT and connect perfectly as well!

Here's some pictures, including some of the mixture of track I got (there are also some straight pieces, but they are simply the same as Tomy, but the half and quarter length versions. There was however a nice 4 way points piece (2 of), a turntable and a tunnel in the job lot;

[Image: IMG_20180517_171840999.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180517_171936187.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180517_172009223.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180517_172039278.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180517_172119078.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20180517_172145987.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
That Tunnel is pretty cool
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(05-17-2018, 06:28 PM)Super Wrote: That Tunnel is pretty cool

I thought you might like the tunnel Super, another of your interests Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
The first thing I thought of when seeing it is, I wonder if the blue roof would glow with some LED's under it. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
Now that is a thought, or if not maybe a strip of SMD LED's stuck on the inside of the roof would make it look pretty cool too, I like your thinking mate Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2018, 01:05 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Can't you just spray the inside of the tunnel black? That should block the light from going through the plastic.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Super
At the moment chrizzly is not illuminated, the thought was would it light up if we did put LEDs inside it, so sorta the reverse mate :-)
  • Super
Thats right Chrizzly, that would work as I have done that with a building and trains before but as Nigel says, I wondered if a blue glowing roof would look cool let alone different.
I'm not going to make you. It was merely a suggestion. (But I sorta want to see a glowing tunnel Smile )
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Super
I think its a cool suggestion, so I may have to have a play around and see what I can do Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018, 09:01 PM by Super.)
  • Super