Diapet Thomas

20 Replies, 28796 Views

Who's ready for a new range of Thomas stuff to import? Big Grin

Company Diapet will be releasing a new range of diecast Thomas engines touted as being 1/64 scale.

[Image: eDSG9Mg.jpg]

[Image: BMTncck.jpg]

[Image: Ckd88Ld.jpg]

These three come out in July, and there's a Bertie and Hiro slated for September.
[-] The following 6 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, fred16850, mod thana, StarSwitcher07, Super
Wonder how big their 1/64 will be? If they are true 1/64 then they would be larger than a Plarail train right?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
1/64 scale is S Scale - so between O and HO size. Whether they will fit on S Gauge track or not is another story.
Are they motorised as well Trainfanz? Just curious as you say they are diecast, these days its not so common to have motorised diecasts due to the weight...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
No, not motorized, but their side rods will function.
Still pretty nice looking models though, could make a nice static display Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018, 09:10 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • fred16850
Where did you find the information on these?
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
These are the only pictures of these toys available at the moment, but they were brought to my attention by a Japanese Twitter user.
(05-17-2018, 06:51 PM)Trainfanz Wrote: 1/64 scale is S Scale - so between O and HO size. Whether they will fit on S Gauge track or not is another story.

I have found that scaling, like the 1/64 scale is quite ambiguous and different makers have different ideas and sizes for their 1/64 scale. This was very evident to me when I was in a buying frenzy for 1/64 Tomica, HotWheels, etc when some sizes were noticeably larger than others. This was first realized for me when I bought 5 vehicles from a seller and their combined shipping they quoted me was enormous for what I though 1/64. I weighed out 12 Hotwheels/Tomica vehicles in their boxes and it was half what they were stating. Turns out the ones they had were quite larger diecast metal vehicles but still saying 1/64.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah I know what you mean about that sort of thing Super, at one point I was collecting the Cars 2 range of Diecasts, so had been buying the 1/64's from the generic stores, then bought some in a Disney store (same packaging) and thought they were a bit odd, turned out they were actually 1/56's instead and these days the ones in the main stores seem to have taken on this slightly larger size for the Cars 3 range. Not too bad as they are nice bigger, but it sort of messes up collecting if some are one size and others bigger/smaller...
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2018, 09:10 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super