https://youtu.be/XZwMWah6cQE
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • bollard, Off The Rails, Super
Wow, 60 years old and looking that good. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
Heck, I’m impressed! I’ve become fond of the Class 08 because of Thomas and the various Plarail and Trackmaster versions available. It probably also has to do with the fact that I always liked switchers when I was a kid.

Here’s a question for those “in the know”. Was there a preference for running the Class 08 pointed cab forward? I recall that it was almost standard for the larger Class 20 and wondered if that was also the case with the 08.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Nigels, Super
Amazing how many as good as new old loco's can be had if you shop around and for relatively little money. Of course they are not quite as detailed as the current day models, but there again that means there's less to get broken if you happen to be a bit ham fisted (or worse let kids near them) Big Grin)

I'm really quite a fan of the 08's as well, they are quite cute once you get used to them and they are quite good runners capable of pulling a goodly load of rolling stock.

As for the question of direction of travel? To be honest I have absolutely no idea Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super