HankAmericanEngine's YouTube Video's

110 Replies, 157143 Views

Well, now there are two people in the same boat. Oh boy... Hope this gets resolved without losing any footage.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
@"Super" I hope to keep everyone here filled in; it took me three years to buy this Macbook Pro, and it has never gone wrong. Although, I'm hoping I can still keep all that progress I made in those 3/4 months of editing-- I got about half-way through the special before iMovie became unresponsive.

@"ROCKINATOR" I suppose so; I can get iMovie working, but my primary concern is the Christmas Special. I can lose the other projects, which have long been completed, but the Christmas Special is my primary concern.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

Sounds to me like iMovie isn't worth the trouble. There has to be other software out there that is free for Mac. Is a MacBook Pro a Laptop?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(04-08-2015, 11:36 PM)Super Wrote: Sounds to me like iMovie isn't worth the trouble. There has to be other software out there that is free for Mac. Is a MacBook Pro a Laptop?

Howdy @"Super"!

Yes, it is a laptop, but I don't have anywhere near $500+ to purchase the professional grade editing software such as Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Aftereffects.

I think we talked about this before. Do you really need professional software or some good free video editing software.

Besides the iMovie, does any of these help? http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-6-free-...rs-mac-os/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
(04-09-2015, 02:42 AM)Super Wrote: I think we talked about this before. Do you really need professional software or some good free video editing software.

Besides the iMovie, does any of these help? http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/top-6-free-...rs-mac-os/

@"Super" Thanks for the links! If I want to get a career in behind-the-scenes work in film or television, I believe Final Cut Pro and Adobe Aftereffects are a must for me to have a firm grasp and understanding. Thank you for the link, as I'm going to try out the "Jahshaka" program to see if I can't salvage the Christmas Special. Otherwise, the others don't seem to be of any help to me, as I will probably end up learning how to use the professional grade software during my studies in college.

Maybe it will be more help that the iMovie has given you. Worth a try my friend. I am sure there are other free software out there.
A very big amount of great news coming from HankAmericanEngine Productions, and an even larger wave of relief for me!

After a 15 minute phone call with Apple Support over my iMovie issue, my Christmas in July special was fully recovered, all four months' work with it! This means it's still slated for its release this July, although I'm not naming any dates yet until I'm fully certain of its completion without error or mishap. I'm already back at work with editing it, and it's underway for possible sneak peeks!

[-] The following 2 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • ROCKINATOR, Ucwepn
[Image: audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif]
No one promoted Hank's recent video, so if you're not aware, his TrackMaster (Revolution) Samson review.

Thought it was well done, and I like the work bench area you've set up. I guess Samson's only directly got the themed packaging because that's where he's only seen from at the moment. Still can't figure out Scruff and Flynn's presence. I like his textured rear as well.

By the way, I got semi-spoiled as I haven't seen Samson yet, but the clips meant nothing to me. Tongue