A Silver Metallic Thomas Winner & Unboxing

49 Replies, 40779 Views

First video from a Silver Metallic Thomas Lottery Winner of which only 100 were made.
This is pretty cool and I wonder how much one will go for if any show up in the Japan Auctions.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, Gerisplarail1, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, Ucwepn
It seems like the lucky winners of the Silver Thomas lottery giveaway are starting to receive thier prizes!!
https://youtu.be/ws96DlHlSPO
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, mod thana, Super
Hey Muddy, if you manage to get hold of one of those, you should run it side by side with gold Thomas.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 2 users Like Chrizzly's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thanks! (No thanks button?)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 04:20 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Dang, that’s really nice and I didn’t initially care much about it one way or the other.

The red chassis with gray running boards and all black running gear was too cool. Even the headlamp was a somewhat darker gray. The more subdued colors of the slag cars are really nice too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Yes, that is the intended plan...we already have the music picked out and everything!!
When you see one come up at auction please let us know!! Thanks!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails, ripley802, Super
The actual slag truck mechanism is pretty cool too, they would have no problem creating a set with a dumping station of sorts...
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018, 07:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like fred16850's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Hmmmm.... That’s a cool idea! It probably wouldn’t cut it because slag dumping looks kinda environmentally “iffy” but personally, I think it would make a cool and unconventional destination.

I really debated having a steel mill layout recently because the TM2 Steelworks Thomas is on clearance at many Walmart stores for about $10 each. The torpedo car in that set looks really useful but I eventually decided against it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • fred16850, Super
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, mod thana, Off The Rails
I’m not familiar with that set but it’s cool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super