K Mott's Mods- some ok, some Hacks!

22 Replies, 22774 Views

its been a while since ive logged in.  2 kids under 6 and a full-time job including travel doesn't leave much time to play with the trains, let alone to post.  We love to go to the flea market and pick up deals.  then mess with them....
Here is the most recent. We have done a couple of these where we took the old Milk cars and altered them.  its funny ho you do these then learn what not to do... BTW, thanks Super for the suggestion.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1fmcjbfdy/

the bud light car... its an old milk car, painted a light blue (that doesn't show well) along with some Bud Light decals. total investment on ebay is about a thousand bucks... so I can chuckle that the kids are playing with a bud light car.
here is the coke car.  this is the first milk tanker I modified.  We have tons of these as I travel a lot for work and will occasionally pick up a huge lot for 30 or 40 bucks.  with this one, I painted it off white, then used a coca cola decal.  it was a bad idea to try to paint the trim red as my 'steadyness' is not what it used to be.

[Image: IMG_1957.jpg] [Image: IMG_1958.jpg] [Image: IMG_1959.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • Super
(07-04-2018, 09:17 PM)kmott Wrote: ok, here is the bud light car:
[Image: 016.jpg] [Image: 017.jpg] [Image: 018.jpg] [Image: 019.jpg] [Image: 020.jpg] [Image: 021.jpg] [Image: 022.jpg] [Image: 023.jpg] [Image: 024.jpg]

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1fmcjbfdy/

the bud light car... its an old milk car, painted a light blue (that doesn't show well) along with some Bud Light decals.  total investment on ebay is about a thousand bucks... so I can chuckle that the kids are playing with a bud light car.
  • Super
peace out for now. Ill dig up more pics
  • Super
The coca cola cars are impressive. I can't wait for Mountain dew cars lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Nicely done Kmott, I like them. Did you make the decals yourself?

I am envisioning quite the trackside party with a Tanker full of Budweiser and one with Coca Cola. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I remember you can get the coca cola red paint on ebay or something like that to make it even more authentic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
naw, I bought the decals on ebay. I don't think they actually carry a tanker full of bud light, but what the heck. Id like to be there when that train breaks down, lol
  • Super
It figures. the first time in a while that I've had the time and inclination to post and I cant find the pics and we are away on vacation. its fun stuff, though, I say its for the kids but its really OCD on my part.
  • Super