K Mott's Mods- some ok, some Hacks!

22 Replies, 22760 Views

Excellent work Kmott, you are getting good at this. Just some great, one of a kind, customs.

Love your Police Train lights, are they activated with the on/off switch of the motor?

The Middletown Deer Creek Station is Awesome. love those flickering chimneys. What did you use for window glazing?

I particularly like your imaginative idea with how you glazed the windows on the red coaches and the easy access on/off switch. Does the one switch control both coaches and what type of battery pack did you use. If I may make one suggest for your next custom coach., paint the inside of the coach black so the plastic isn't translucent with the light on inside. Of course some may like the glow of the colored plastic in which case leave it as is.

[Image: awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
hi Super, with the police lights, there is an on-off switch on the battery holder. it was just easier that way. Also, they are 3V LEDs and that train is one of those ones w/o an engine. even if it had an engine, I would have been forced to use a 3.7V Li-on battery. Or I could have spliced in a switch and found a place for a switch... just couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for the 'paint it black' inside idea. I thought of that once but never followed through. sounds like that works well.

regarding the lighted coaches, my first try I tried to use one power source and then connectors from coach to coach. with my two kids, they tend to not be gentile. So, I decided it would just be easier to just put a switch on each coach (and there isn't a wire going from coach to coach).

For the windows on the building, I just used a type of duct tape and stuck it on there. for the coaches, i glued the plastic pvc in place.

Kevin
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • Super
I have not used the black paint on the inside of a coach yet, most likely because I have yet to customize one yet with interior lights. I did do it to my modified Ffarquhar Station because my interior LEDs glowed though the brown brick and I wanted passive light only to come from the windows.

Dis you use 3volt coin/button batteries in the red coaches?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]