Model Animated Neon Signs!!

7 Replies, 8637 Views

Now Super, please sit down calmly before clicking this link as you may find this just too much for you and cleaning up a puddle off the floor would be nasty Smile

I know you like your railway signs and scenery, so how about these I stumbled across, these are fully animated, illuminated signs (some fit on building roofs, some on sides of buildings, etc...  They utilise EL technology and have modules that can give up to 46 different animated sequences on some signs.  They are not cheap, but boy are they cool.  They are available in both H0 and 0 scale so you can pick your size too!!

Enjoy!

Miller Engineering Animated Signs

For those interested here are some videos off YouTube as well;

Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • fred16850, Super
[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif]

LOL...oh you are right my friend...so right that I beat you to it 4 or 5 years ago. We love our Miller animated Amtrak Billboard and its been part of the Layout for years. Not only do they make billboards but also building signs and lighting. They are remarkable. You can see ours in action in most all of our videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHhQEjKXO1U

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I knew you had signs Super, but wasn't aware it was these types, so EL signs have been around for 4-5 years? I never knew the technology was that old, just goes to show I should pay more attention Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
That is an Awesome company. Their catalog of items have doubled since I bought that Amtrak Billboard. They also have great service support. One of my Billboard supports was broken (thin Plastic) and they immediately shipped another set of supports. The technology is great but I wonder how much they have to pay for the rights to the images.
Yeah the rights may well explain some of the costs involved with the items, I mean they are awesome, but the price is quite high - doubly so if you're importing them like me lol!!

I hadn't actually got any till the other day when I ran across a couple for auction on eBay, thankfully at reduced prices so I got two coming at a good price (Champion Spark Plugs and Zenith) Big Grin
  • Super
Those are cool signs Nigels. Are they rooftop or stand alone Billboards and do they come with the electronics or do you buy that separately? What are neat about a lot of these is you can buy a desktop unit where the signs can be plugged into and switched around for some cool neon graphics while you work at home or office. https://www.microstru.com/Desk-top.html
They are the rooftop types with the frame, electronics and battery box, although I may try to get one of the voltage converters so they can be run off the transformer auxillary power output when I get round to building the layout Smile

I did see those desktop units, they are pretty cool, although you'd really need the 0 gauge signs rather than the HO gauge ones to make it worth while Smile
  • Super
I did a couple of modifications on the Amtrak Billboard.