FlyingFordFalcon's Daisy - Printed!

15 Replies, 15798 Views

Hello again everybody. A few days ago I came home from vacation to find a package from Shapeways at my door, and so I finally have my hands on one of FlyingFordFalcon's amazing models. Here are some pictures of it from the tweet I posted that day. The face is transparent but upon close inspection, it is very finely detailed, and so is the loco body itself! It is a bit grainy, but nothing too major, and the plastic is very strong, just flexible enough to get onto the chassis and be taken off without breaking or cracking, and fits great on any TOMY Diesel 10 chassis.
[Image: Dk-66wtW4AAAXog.jpg]
[Image: Dk-66wuX0AMRQAE.jpg]
[Image: Dk-66w8WwAA4EOF.jpg]
[Image: Dk-66w0X0AEoOSJ.jpg]
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 5 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon, fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Off The Rails
Mik

I don't see any pictures. Does anyone else?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I can see them, but I need to open each link in a separate tab.
Pretty good Miksolo, when do you intend to paint it? That will show the detail a lot better I would think Smile

You don't have to say how much, but was the print expensive?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • fred16850
Must be just me then as they don't even show up as Links for me.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
i can see it.  Maybe it has something to do with your internet browser.

I guess one can use sharpie to paint the handrails and spray can for other parts.

As for the transparent face, you can paint grey behind the face.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2018, 05:24 AM by Super.)
I plan to paint it whenever I get an airbrush. School is starting soon, so that could be in many MANY months... The body will be painted green and all the details will be applied with pens and regular brushes. The face will also be airbrushed with thin coats of grey and then have eyes and makeup applied through means I haven't decided on yet. Also, the print price is constant for everybody on Shapeways. For what it is, it isn't crazy expensive, but IIRC, Nigels, you were one of the people who were hesitant to buy it earlier due to its price. o:
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
there is a 10% off promotion right now at Shapeways for first time users
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • WoodWheel92
Even tho im more into electrical modding this looks really neat! But will you paint it? and if yes how?
I'll be keen to see it once painted, although I'm surprised you didn't get it printed in green to start with as that would have made it a lot easier, assuming that is an option of course Smile

One tip get a can of plastic primer to prepare it before you start to paint it...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin