FlyingFordFalcon's Daisy - Printed!

15 Replies, 15675 Views

I would spray paint majority of the body with green. For small details,, like the handles, I will use sharpie pen.
What I'd do is spray the full thing in black primer, then mask off the Windows and spray it green. As Leyland has said, Sharpies would be used to pick out fine details.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
@Nigels
The print is only available in black and white unfortunately. However, FlyingFordFalcon's coupling rod sprues are available in almost all colors of the rainbow, so at least there's that. Tongue
I might try doing the black first, but the original plan is to use green. I've yet to look into it, but I've heard that it might not need primer since it's just a plastic surface that hasn't even been painted yet
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
I would have offered green as an option if their material colours were close to Daisy, however the green used by Shapeways is a forest green looking shade. As a side note, shapeways only dyes their plastic as opposed to it being the same colour all the way through, meaning when you sand the body it could wear through the green layer. Essentially there was a high chance you would need to paint it anyway. As for airbrushing, personally i do have one but it isn't absolutely necessary to finish. If you are more comfortable using spray cans or paint brushes then by all means use those instead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingFordFalcon's post:
  • Super
Makes sense, I would have thought they would offer muliple colours as standard, just using dye is ok I suppose, but as you say it would wear, pretty quickly if its going to be handled like a PlaRail is likely to be.

@Miksolo - Personally I would prime it as this will help your top coat stick better and it may make the finish smoother as well so you get a more professional finish, but of course you can just go ahead and paint it as is Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(08-23-2018, 04:38 PM)Super Wrote: Mik

I don't see any pictures. Does anyone else?
Using Firefox, me neither, all I get is this.....and the links are not selectable.

[Image: image.png]

But I can see these pictures fine if I use Edge.   Most posts I can see the images fine in Firefox as well. Must be the way the images were inserted into the post.