FlyingFordFalcon's Daisy and painted

6 Replies, 6321 Views

Inspired by how good Miksolo's printed Daisy turned out, I ordered my own.  I will post my journey in modification a bit later.  I just want to show up how much I did with the Daisy I got.  
[Image: daisy.jpg]

First I spray paint the entire shell with green paintexcept the section where the red buffer.  Then I spray painted the black section with black paint.  The windows are too small for me to spray paint.  Tomorrow, I will go to an art store to get a black sharpie pen to paint the windows.  I used a grey sharpie to paint the trims.  I know Daisy has yellow trims instead but I wanted to do this for experiment.

Also the good thing about sharpie pen is that if you messed up you can your finger nails to remove excess paint.
[-] The following 5 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon, Jacko, Off The Rails, Super, WoodWheel92
It's always fun for me to see pics of my designs all painted and running Big Grin only problem is I don't get to see many of them. I look forward to seeing it completed, Leyland!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingFordFalcon's post:
  • Super
Disclaimer:

1) I used E233 Type Yokohama Line chassis instead of the recommended Diesel 10 or Boco Chassis (so don't yell at the guy who designed the shell) in the photos below.  Hence the shell can't be strapped down properly.  My Boco and Diesel 10 engines are stored somewhere deep in the storage locker. I don't have the time to look for them.  So I used the chassis that is the most similar found in my house.
2) After you spray painted the shells, don't let any children to play with them as the paints are toxic.

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: 38a.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon, Super
I did not use any primer on the plastic shell. I immediately painted it once I put out the shell from the box I received from Sharpe way.

When prepping for a spray paint, don't be cheap and use quality stuff especially when it comes to the scotch tape. I used the 3M professional green tape designed for paint jobs. Other scotch tapes may peel off the original paint job. Make sure you seal as tight as possible. As you can see the second photo there are still white paint.

I sprayed the entire shell with green paint except the black and red area. I hid those areas using scotch tape. Spray the paint very fast to avoid excess paint at one area.

Be patient. Wait for the paint to dry (takes about 3 to 5 minutes depends on how much paint you applied. Do all the spray paint outdoor as the spray paint is toxic.

Always use a ruler to paint the trims and door handles. I didn't use the ruler at first. You can tell how crappy how area looks like. I painted the window area with a black sharpie. Too bad I didn't use a red sharpie to paint the buffer area otherwise it will look better.

I may get another one later and paint the stripes with yellow. That will have to wait a bit.
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon, Super
Nice work Leyland.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Nice work Leyland, did you get a spray varnish to seal it after you painted and sharpied it? You can get gloss or matt depending on your preference and it will protect the decoration Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
no I didn't but I will definitely look into it thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 01:10 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super