Trackmaster 3.0?

30 Replies, 27731 Views

[Image: tm3_ashima.jpg]

[Image: TM3_diesel.jpg]

[Image: tm3_james.jpg]

Hi everyone, as you may or may not have heard the adventures diecast line of trains is to end in Dec 18, but there is a rumored replacement and the first pic has appeared, They are "Trackmaster" free rolling diecast engines. More news to come soon hopefully.

[Image: trackmaster_3.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
don't tell me all the new characters are based on the same chassis (in terms of length wise).
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 01:03 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
WHAT IS THIS!?!?
I am really hoping it is a factory error, because that is clearly a "Take'nPlay".
If this is what is to come, I'll be showing FisherPiece the door.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • fred16850, Super
The more that I think about it, the dumber it gets...I see the front hook, so I know it's supposed to be a TrackMaster (though it's almost identical to the "Thomas Aventure's" line), but it is diecast!? First of all, diecast is for Take-n-Play(or whatever it's being sold as)!! It's like having a diecast character introduced into the "Real Wood" line! It's rediculous!! Wood is wood, diecasts are diecasts, and plastic is plastic...the mediums DO NOT CROSS!
Also, a WHY would Kevin even have a front hook anyway if he's made out of metal? I seriously doubt any TrackMaster2 engines have enough power or traction to pull him, much less up an incline. :/
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • fred16850, Super, ThomasBlue
Is that a hook on one side and magnet on the other?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
interesting that i saw on fb this image supposedly originated from new zealand, from a chain store that has a branch in my town. its been a while since i bothered looking at the thomas stuff, but might check it out over the weekend.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
It's not a replacement. The Adventures line is just getting rebranded and redesigned as a TrackMaster Push Along line. They're highlighting the compatibility between Adventures and TrackMaster engines, which they already established when the Super Station came out. It seems that Fisher-Price believe they can boost sales of the Adventures line if they rebrand it to go alongside their TrackMaster line, which would be the best selling of their Thomas toylines and with the most importance when it comes to making their big annual sets to tie-in with each Thomas movie.
I have tried to stay neutral and keep my mouth shut on 90% of the things that FP has done, and is doing...and I don't like to use the word hate, but I officially HATE FISHER PRICE!
I will no longer bite my lip, and they are open season on my YouTube channel as well as any other forum where they can be bashed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • fred16850
I would have thought if anything they'd have just changed the couplings on Trackmaster to the Adventures styling and rolled with that. An Adventures-like toy with Trackmaster couplings looks weird, and once again eliminates the unique connections that the old Take-N-Play and the recent Adventures toys provided.
This change is ridiculous, Idk why they keep changing it up so frequently
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
There is a size difference
[Image: adventures_and_trackmaster_3.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super