Cruise Train DX Train Suite Shikishima

7 Replies, 6104 Views

Hi BPT!

I recently bought the Train Suite Shikishima Plarail and I was excited to watch it run around the layout.

However, I noticed it isn't able to negotiate points properly due to the extended distance between the axles of the wheelsets of the middle cars.
This is particularly obvious when the train is merging from the curved path of the point.

When I went back to the packaging to check if there are any instructions, I noticed something written in small text at the back of the box.

”This train cannot be used on crossing point rails”

Based on the name of the part written, I believe they are referring to the cross point rail. Cross point rail

This is understandable because the train would not be able to pass through the tight curve of the Cross point rail.

Even though regular points shouldn't have the problem, my Shikishima has been derailing very often when passing through points.

I would also like to add that the LED lights in the front car are white and not the warm yellow shown in the photos.

I thought that I would let people know that this premium set has these problems.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Thanks Plarnold, good information for sure and it is comforting to know that they test these trains before release on the rails and make note of the results on the box even if its in small Japanese print. When I first got mine I had assumed the wheels and wheel base was just like the Plarail Boxcars but since you mentioned this I compared the two and...whoa...the DX wheelbase is way longer.

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
I haven't seen this train yet, guys. Any pictures?
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Chrizzly
Thanks for the information, plarnold! I was undecided about whether to get this but I think I’ll take a pass on it now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Nice looking train Super, so you just have to run it on your express line without any points Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It is a beautiful Plarail train.
I would also like to add that the LED lights in the front car are white and not the warm yellow shown in the photos.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super