Another for the Future World Collection

7 Replies, 8022 Views

I have one of these used that I plan on customizing but couldn't resist this new in the box offering at a good price for the Future World Collection.

[Image: 002.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • fred16850, mod thana, Nigels, Off The Rails
Wow!! Another are find! Awesome!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Such a rare set!
[-] The following 2 users Like fred16850's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Did you make any progress on customizing the out of the box one you have?
Nice Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(10-27-2018, 07:46 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Did you make any progress on customizing the out of the box one you have?

LOL...I have the exact plan and accumulated all the material and parts for it...but this is exactly the same stage of progress I am in for about 20 or 30 other customs are in and ready to go. Only part left is the motivation to finish what I have already started before beginning another. I will say though that I am going to modify and customize the rotating Billboard Station that Nigels obtained for me first once I have finished the ones already started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana
Funny you should mention the billboard Super, saw these on a 'sale specials' email yesterday;

O Gauge Automated Billboard 1

O Gauge Automated Billboard 2
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Thanks Nigels

I have seen those in the past and they are quite nice looking but too big in scale (8") for the Plarail I think (Nigels Station is 6.25"). They are much thinner though than my "Nigels Station Billboard". What I like so much about "Nigels Station" is the it has the built in grey Tomy track (perfect) and can be set to operate automatically as a train passes through or on all the time. Another difference between the Lionels and "Nigels Station" is the fact that Nigels has 3 sided billboard panels where the Lionels have 2. If only Lionel made as smaller one I would for sure grab a couple and create a Tomy track with a built in momentary switch to activate the sign.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder if there are any other moving billboards out there from other manufactures........hmmmm