Purchased Trackmaster Skarloey

3 Replies, 6935 Views

Just picked up the Trackmaster Skarloey! This is a nice engine , but it is the kind with the fake moving rods. I find the model to be nice, but as others agree, he is well oversized like most narrow gauge Trackmaster models. The engine runs on 1 AA and looks really good! So far all I have is this Skarloey and a older Peter Sam, and I did find the engines to be well worth picking up. The motor runs well , but is (very) loud. Despite this it is fun to run on any layout! I give it a good 9.4/10!
Does anyone else have any of these? Why are your guys's thoughts on these models? Post below!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 11:49 PM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
Skarloey is easy to get. In fact I got a couple from buying a big lot thru e-bay and craig's list. I actually used one of Skarloey motor to replace Peter Sam (it suffered from severe battery acid leak Sad) with minor modification. Peter Sam now works fine Smile.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Hi I like these models they really shine with moving rods added, the only one I have done it on is tomy rheneas that was broken and I restored, I used an old Thomas front axle and hammered (using a hammer and a ream/small screwdriver) the end of the axle off changed to the black wheels and hammered the end back on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • sunhuntin
(06-30-2014, 02:50 AM)Ucwepn Wrote: Hi I like these models they really shine with moving rods added, the only one I have done it on is tomy rheneas that was broken and I restored, I used an old Thomas front axle and hammered (using a hammer and a ream/small screwdriver) the end of the axle off changed to the black wheels and hammered the end back on.

Nice!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!