Bulk Grain Wagon Conversion, Part 1

17 Replies, 22608 Views

(04-05-2016, 07:29 PM)Miksolo Wrote: This is one of the most impressive mods I've seen of a Plarail item. Great job!
Thanks, but I'd be a bit more impressed if the mod had made any further progress in the intervening 9 months or so, which it hasn't. Sad
What other progress is necessary? Looks good to me. It is an excellent piece of work and so much thought into the engineering of it. The results are fantastic. I would take a stab at a little weathering on this one.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Have you thought about using smaller wheels if you haven't already? This is still a very impressive project!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
(04-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Have you thought about using smaller wheels if you haven't already? This is still a very impressive project!
Hmmmm, smaller wheels eh? A VERY interesting thought, I shall investigate.
I still intend to remove some of the superfluous detail, do the same with the two other Hornby wagons I have, and repaint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Amazing. And RE: the first cut. Well played.
[-] The following 2 users Like kmott's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Great work there, but having finally dipped my toe in the 3D printer game I'm pretty sure it would be quicker easier to custom design and print the hopper part simply the correct size for the Tomy chassis, maybe I'll have to have a go at it Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Not so much fun though!
True, but as you get older you never seem to have the time to do things the fun way and shortcuts are preferable lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018, 09:47 PM by Super.)