The New 3D Printing Thread

372 Replies, 230071 Views

(10-06-2019, 12:35 AM)Nigels Wrote: Yes, the bridge has track moulded into it with a male and female connector on the ends as normal...

very nice.  without the ridge lines on the rails, will the engines able to run on the viaduct without trouble especially trackmaster 2 engines ?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 11:33 PM by Super.)
(10-07-2019, 11:11 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 12:35 AM)Nigels Wrote: Yes, the bridge has track moulded into it with a male and female connector on the ends as normal...

very nice.  without the ridge lines on the rails, will the engines able to run on the viaduct without trouble especially trackmaster 2 engines ?

Those were pictures of the early prototype, the final version has the ridge lines, although to be fair they do need adjusting to be made a little bigger as currently they are too small.
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(10-07-2019, 09:22 PM)Super Wrote: Hmmm...train station or house?

Well it is a building for sure, but neither of those Smile
Ok, having had that print failure I've made some adjustments and modifications to my Ender 3 and of course wanted a test print.  But while doing it and browsing "Thingiverse" I found this model, it is basically a hexagon frame that someone has designed for displaying Lego Mini-Figures in, but the wrinkle is that they are connectable so you can make a display any shape you wish.  As this needed to be printed acurately to allow the hex's to connect properly it seemed an ideal test.  But having printed 4 of them as a test I'm so impressed I intend to print more, I just thought I would share with you to see what you think;

[Image: IMG-20191008-225114.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191008-225156.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191008-225301.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Looks like a neat puzzle/building block type thing for children.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
  • Super
Thats pretty cool Nigels. Does the Pump-topus have articulated tentacles?
Indeed he does and it is all printed in one piece fully articulated, I scaled the original up to 200% to allow me to put a battery tea light inside the head Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:34 AM by Super.)
  • Super
You are finding good uses for all those small ball lights Nigels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
I remember someone wanted an adaptor to go from Blue Tracks to the Trackmaster tracks.

Well seems someone has made one; Tomy/Trackmaster Adaptor
  • Super