The New 3D Printing Thread

372 Replies, 229850 Views

Nice, they are getting that Scanner procedures down and close to making it for dummies. Only have to wait for the price to come down and offering everything that is in the video like the turntable, mat, calibration items and software. The couple I have seen are only the tripod and the scanner flatscreen thing. Thanks Nigels
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(08-15-2019, 11:19 PM)ripley802 Wrote: The resin printing is quite interesting.  Nigels, do you think it would print the small gears found in the Tomy/Plarail trains?  There were a few that I tried sourcing but never could find the right one.  Or would a 3D print be better/stronger?

or just harvest parts from a dead engine.  That's what I do.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(09-17-2019, 02:44 AM)Super Wrote: Nice, they are getting that Scanner procedures down and close to making it for dummies. Only have to wait for the price to come down and offering everything that is in the video like the turntable, mat, calibration items and software. The couple I have seen are only the tripod and the scanner flatscreen thing. Thanks Nigels

It will come, it's coming along nicely and I reckon will be on the market in say 6 months or so in a final version. Smile

(09-16-2019, 09:25 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: I think we should start making Tomy/Trackmaster Siderods again, do we think so?

Possibly, but I don't see the point of sitting designing them unless there is a demand, I spent quite a bit of time on other projects that nobody seems interested in Smile

Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:17 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • FlyingFordFalcon
Update: I'm not sure how it will come out, but I've currently got my 'Daisy' model printing on the Mars, it seems it is able (just) to print a model that size.  Watch this space Big Grin
  • Finno
Is that the resin printer Nigels?
Indeed it is Super, the print has completed and its now in post processing, I will post pictures soon Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 03:29 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Wow, thats going to be a big print. Would the shell be printed upside down or right side up? Going to be interesting to see the details.
It gets printed upside down and at a 45 degree tilt, that minimises the flat surfaces on the vat surface (it's a techie issue Smile). It looks pretty good, just one issue that is down to the model which needs a little adjustment, but not sure how well it will photograph as I printed it in a translucent resin so its not so easy to see the detail, probably an undercoat will help Smile
  • Super
can we see the photos?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Here we go, pictures of the print, not the best pictures and the model has literally just been printed, cleaned and cured, it still needs a bit of cleaning up and an undercoat.  The particular resin I was using, translucent blue, is not the best for showing the detail either, however you can see some detail that the FDM printers couldn't cope with such as the bits along the top of the windows.  You will also see the printing fault I mentioned on the third picture (3 diagonal lines) I think these are artifacts from a line that should run along the top of the side just below the edge of the roof, looking at my model it looks as thought it isn't quite as close to the model side as it should be and being loose has slipped and adhered to the side instead.  I'll have to tweak the model to fix that, but it shows promise Smile

[Image: IMG-20190920-190359.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190920-190417.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190920-190436.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190920-190452.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • minchimurakami, Super