The New 3D Printing Thread

375 Replies, 234210 Views

Maybe I should do a test print of these for you guys so we can see if they work and how good they are? If you want me to do so Chris drop me a PM so I can send you an email address to send the STL's to...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
Nice prints. I would love to more parts be 3D Printed as well like the wheels and locomotive models for Plarail.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Hi Chris,

As discussed I've printed one pair of the track pieces and the battery cover, I know I said I'd do the latter in black, but I'm out of standard black at the moment so I've printed these test pieces all in red which is just what I had loaded on the printer at the moment.  I've got the other pair of rails on the go now as I type this and they will be ready in a couple of hours.  If you ping me your snail mail address I'll stick them all in the post to you, if the battery cover fits etc... let me know and I'll do you another in black when I get some more Smile

Here's some pics to whet your appetite, you may find that they need a small sanding to finish them off as I've not done that, I've just removed the supports/skirts which aid the printing process.

[Image: IMG-20230110-171231.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-172349.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-172356.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-211941.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-212710.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-212721.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Nigels's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, drew5195, generic_truck_69420, Super
Hey everyone, Ive been thinking for the past couple of months now to get an 3D printer to print replacement parts and custom shells for our beloved Tomy trains. After reading thru the first post in this thread Im still hooked onto the CR10-S Pro Nigel suggested. Is this recommendation still up to date? Ive seen the review that was linked in the post and it looked really promising but my main concern right now is if its still "the hot stuff" or if it is already outdated. Looking at Amazon all I can find is the Creality Ender 3 S1 and Ender 3 S1 Plus for ~500€ each.

Cheers, Ron
[-] The following 2 users Like Ron Thunderr's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
I am sure our resident 3D Printing Pro, Mr Nigels will be around shortly with his thoughts 😃
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
Yep, and let's hear what he's got to say?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super
(01-10-2023, 10:30 PM)Nigels Wrote: [Image: IMG-20230110-211941.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-212710.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230110-212721.jpg]

The tracks look a bit rough for the monorail. Do you know if it will be smooth enough for the monorail?
I have noticed when playing with the monorail that some tracks that are not smooth can easily stop them because the monorail 'slides' on the rims of the track.

I guess Chrisjo will be our guinea pig! Big Grin

-plarnold
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 09:33 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like plarnold's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, generic_truck_69420, Super
(01-14-2023, 05:09 AM)plarnold Wrote: The tracks look a bit rough for the monorail. Do you know if it will be smooth enough for the monorail?
I have noticed when playing with the monorail that some tracks that are not smooth can easily stop them because the monorail 'slides' on the rims of the track.

No, we don't know, yet.

These samples have been printed in quick 'draft' mode, i.e. a relatively wide nozzle and a relatively thick layer size, purely as a test to see if they are OK dimensionally and that the elements are in the right places. That said, I'm hoping that they will clean up sufficiently to be usable.  I certainly agree that the Plarail monorail trains can be a bit temperamental, but the design of this slope rail has more roughness on the faces that the tyres run on than the original injection-moulded MR-02 did, which in theory ought to help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Benkei tender cover - see here:

https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread...5#pid64505
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Looks good mate, I like it in red actually, makes it look like it should be that colour as it matches the wheels Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super