Military Movement Part 1

13 Replies, 14771 Views

Military Movement Part 1

Part 2 will be what this Army Engine is pulling to the next engagement. These railcars need some major modifications and I hope to have them all done soon.

[Image: 002.jpg]

[Image: 006.jpg]

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 012.jpg]

[Image: 015.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ROKMAN1445, thehsvdude
That’s really cool! What did you use for the radiator grill insert?

I’m interested to see the rolling stock that goes with this. I’ve had a military train on my to-do list for a while and even have the tanks for it but I couldn’t decide on which cars to use.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
That looks really good super. Can’t wait to see the rest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
Super, if you need some tanks for flat bed cargo let me know, I can provide you with some - even American ones, though I still think Panzers look cooler lol! Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Thanks for the offer Nigels, but for the most part, before I start a custom I fine tune it in my head and then I like to attain everything I need in tools and materials before I start, so I have everything. I am anxious to finish this custom because Nigels Station is next
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
(02-04-2019, 09:33 PM)Nigels Wrote: Super, if you need some tanks for flat bed cargo let me know, I can provide you with some - even American ones, though I still think Panzers look cooler lol! Big Grin

I’m curious about what designs you have available. I have some slightly bogus Leopard 1s for my diesel era trains but to be honest, I’ve never really thought about what sort of tanks would be used with my steam era trains.

And now I’m REALLY curious to see what, if any, tanks Super is using on this military train!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
[Image: mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(02-05-2019, 03:29 AM)Off The Rails Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 09:33 PM)Nigels Wrote: Super, if you need some tanks for flat bed cargo let me know, I can provide you with some - even American ones, though I still think Panzers look cooler lol! Big Grin

I’m curious about what designs you have available. I have some slightly bogus Leopard 1s for my diesel era trains but to be honest, I’ve never really thought about what sort of tanks would be used with my steam era trains.

And now I’m REALLY curious to see what, if any, tanks Super is using on this military train!

I have available 3D models of around 200-300 different tanks and support vehicles including  full size landing craft, these cover most era's and nationalities, so English, German, American, French (yes even they had some despite being yellow bellied surrender monkeys - only kidding Big Grin ), Japanese, Russian, maybe even a few Chinese ones...

they are mostly nominally 1/100th scale but can be easily scaled up or down Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails
(02-05-2019, 08:44 PM)Nigels Wrote: ...French (yes even they had some despite being yellow bellied surrender monkeys - only kidding Big Grin )....

Wink
All kidding aside, the Leclerc is a very cool tank. They’ve built a fair number of innovative, if not always totally practical designs over the years.
Wink
All kidding aside, the Leclerc is a very cool tank. They’ve built a fair number of innovative, if not always totally practical designs over the years.
[/quote]

Yeah I totally agree, I actually don't have a problem with the French, I just had a 'Jeremy Clarkson' moment lol!!  I even quite like French cars, in fact I had a 406 for about 15 years as I loved it so much before I traded it for a Merc lol!  I also liked the original classic 'wedge' Citroen's, but of course that was actually designed by an Englishman and just built by Citroen  as he couldn't find an English car maker with enough foresight to back the design Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 10:23 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails