attic sort 2019

3 Replies, 4021 Views

just for super, some photos i took this morning of the great attic sort 2019! i feel i am finally making some progress, as i think i have cleared all the mixed bags of blue track bought from various op shops, sorting the different track types into different storage tubs.

BLUE TRACK!! from left: a mixed tub of A/B risers, points and some double track. the box and container at the back both have curves, the one in front was to be sorted. this has since been done and a box of double track and double wide girders sits there instead. next is a tub of yellow girders and steps, behind that is straight and stop tracks. next is a bin with slopes, 1/2 and 1/4 straights, TNA track, and the m/f adapters. two bins of large accessories [how many wellsworth stations does a person need??] and finally a tub of road track that needs to be fine tuned still.

[Image: P1100338.jpg]

boxed vintage sets, tucked under a trestle table. also some tubs of loose plarail
[Image: P1100340.jpg]

on top of the trestle table, vintage being sorted. the bits laid out on the table are "halfs", half a tunnel, one of a pair of bridge railings etc, or are damaged.
[Image: P1100341.jpg]

opposite the trestle table and blue track sort. tubs of pre-sorted vintage, boxed sets/accessories and some treasures
[Image: P1100342.jpg]

looking down the back. this is above my room basically. right at the back are boxes of soft toys, large plarail stations and tomy toddler toys.
[Image: P1100343.jpg]

vintage tomy europark and le shuttle card displays and other delicate items.
[Image: P1100344.jpg]

two gems that i knew i had, but didnt know where they were. Big Grin
[Image: P1100345.jpg]

i need to do another run through the blue track, hunting out fakes, and then will stack it where it is being sorted. i have so much of it, it needs as much room as i can give it. also need to spread the weight a bit, so might buy smaller containers and put some up by the boxes of soft toys, as thats the tomica hypercity section.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • chrisjo, Off The Rails, Super
Oh...that is so cool. The pictures look to me like a TV show where valuable antiques are discovered stowed away for decades. You do have a massive amount of the original dark blue Tomy track sets. Thanks for sharing your journey into your own collection Sun.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
What's that cable show? American Pickers? I can see you on it one day if they do a version down under Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I know how Sunhuntin loves Canada so there is this new YouTube Channel I have been hooked on in recent weeks called Curiosity Incorporated where this one man small antique shop owner located in Edmonton searches barns and attics for treasures. Its a relatively new channel that is gaining subscribers fast and this fellow, who just turned 40, has a great singing voice. Sounds like a Johnny Cash.

I can picture him up in Suns Attic paying good money for all those treasures. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgclKg8...hOw/videos
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]