A Few Matchbox's

3 Replies, 3392 Views

Just received these 3 Matchbox vehicles from Ebay today.

I do love me some Food Truck vehicles. I have several Ice cream trucks. From left to right...

Left: I was attracted to the coloring and graphics of this sky blue/aqua ice cream truck.

Middle: My favorite because it brings back memories of my youth. When I was young there weren't ice cream trucks yet. At first the only treat one could get was when the Twin Pines Milk Delivery Truck came down the street and we would convince him to throw out the back a big chunk of ice onto the road and we would scramble for the pieces to keep cool. Next came the Open cab Good Humor Trucks with the jingling of bells to alert us kids selling pre-wrapped bars, Popsicles and pushups. Then came the big Mister Softee vans exactly like this Matchbox model with the stuck in your mind theme song being played over the trucks speaker. Mister Softee ice cream was unique because it was a mobile soft serve vehicle. Previously the only place to get soft serve was going to a Dairy Queen or Tastee Freeze stand in my area.

Apparently this Matchbox version was released as part of the 'Real Talkin' line and is hard to find. There are interior lights that light up when pushing down on the front but it is also supposed to say 15 different sayings but that part doesn't seem to work so I will still look for a new a new one. This truck is different in that the whole shell/body of the truck is metal and the chassis is plastic which like the opposite of normal Matchbox. The all painted graphics are fantastic, I love this little guy.

Right: We all know my penchant for Disney branded item we have this Billboard Disney Truck

[Image: 12.jpg] [Image: 13.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Off The Rails, ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin
I really like that light blue, sorta 50s looking truck.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
If you are referring to the Ice Cream truck on the left, it is readily available for very little on the Ebay's. This all metal Matchbox truck is also available in other themed graphics and colors. I do like the graphics and the interior details are really cool.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
Thanks for the info! I think I need to track down one of those trucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super