a big mini idea... display

25 Replies, 23047 Views

Ok, just a progress update, the base is printed (see below) as is a full size 'shelf', it works out that you can fit 6 mini's per shelf perfectly.  The base may look a bit ragged round the edges, but that is purely because it was printed on a 'raft' which is a method you can use to ensure it sticks to the build plate during printing.  The raft can be removed without too much trouble, or left in place to act as a bit more protection for the base.

I am now currently printing the side uprights and want to tweak the shelf just a little more to make it perfect, then I will all I will need is to print the middle supports and a full set of shelves Smile

[Image: IMG-20190228-130906665.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190228-190011044.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
that looks brilliant! i love your work, nigel. incredible!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels
Hi Sun,

Well I'm guessing you thought I'd forgotten this little project?  Well truth is I have been prototyping and tweaking the original idea until I got to this;

[Image: IMG-20190315-173920949-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190315-173933305-2.jpg]

This was only 'dry fitted' together to make sure the sockets etc... work (they gave me a lot of grief) and to see how it all looks assembled.  I would suggest when you get it that you glue it together as it the sockets are deliberately a little loose - I find that UHU glue (if you get that out there) works very well after trying various other types.  You'll also see the last uprights look a bit skewy, that's because I'm still printing the last shelf for you lol!!

The mini's fit on nicely, if a little snug to start with, but this will just make them more difficult for little hands to walk off with them Wink

If it looks like what you've hoped for pm me and we can arrange the shipping etc...

Cheers, N...
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, sunhuntin, Super
this just arrived this morning, thanks so much nigel! i am away this weekend, but will assemble and test on monday.

i love the butterfly, very, very cool!

[Image: P1100581.jpg]

[Image: P1100582.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno, Pablo392, Super
Good to know it got there ok sun, let me know how it goes once it's assembled :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Pablo392, Super
I am anxious to see this totally put to use.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]