Plarail 60th Anniversary

2 Replies, 3353 Views

Isn't 2019 Plarails 60th Anniversary? Are there any rumors of anything special other than the soon to be released Type300 & N700 `Nozomi` Double Set and the Action & Sound Glows C62 Set?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
I wonder about that. I had read on another forum some years ago that anniversary toys had become unthinkable after a few big flops a decade or so back. I’m not sure if this applies to Takara-Tomy but it’s apparently the case among the big US based toy companies.

The cynic in me imagines some generic rolling stock like a Shinkansen coach, molded in a transparent colored plastic with a “Plarail 60” logo printed on the sides, given out at Plarail events.

Even worse would be a special 60th anniversary set, plated in platinum, of which only 60 will be made and can only be obtained by people in Japan through a random drawing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
I wish that for any anniversary or celebrated milestone that an item made for it would have that graphic on the item. For instance the 3 trains for this anniversary doesn't look to have any mention on the trains themselves, only on the box. So once the box is gone there is no visual reference to the celebration.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]