StarLink Bits From Down Under

5 Replies, 5367 Views

My great thanks go to my friend Sun for finding an auction and winning the following package for me. The key part was one of the pilots which was a promo item which I missed in the UK due to not finding out about the game until after the pre-order offer had finished Smile

But all is good now as I have 'Star Tail' for my collection (the one towards the front of the display stand - one of my 3D prints btw Smile) Smile

[Image: IMG-20190221-120440466.jpg]

Two ships (each fitted with two weapons that were part of the bundle)
[Image: IMG-20190221-120458182.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190221-120512730.jpg]

There was also a special ship 'stand' in the bundle, but I forgot to take a picture of it!!

Thanks again SUN!! Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
delighted they got there safely, and it looks like with no damage. pleased i could finally be of help to you after all the help you have given me!

does the way you assemble the weapons on the ships reflect into the game, or can you modify them within the game to match?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Sunhuntin is the best.

Sir Nigels, that is a great idea for displaying those characters. Your mind must be working all day long thinking of ideas to 3D print. Way to go.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(02-22-2019, 03:32 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: delighted they got there safely, and it looks like with no damage. pleased i could finally be of help to you after all the help you have given me!

does the way you assemble the weapons on the ships reflect into the game, or can you modify them within the game to match?

Sun,

You wouldn't believe it they come across half the globe and the package arrived with nary a mark on the box, looked as though it could have just been posted Smile

Thanks again for getting that for me and sending it over, it as far as I know completes my set getting that pilot.

To answer your question, the pilot you pick, ship, wings (yes you can switch them between ships) and weapons get reflected in the game automatically.  You even have a special adaptor that clips on top of your console controller which you then mount the pilot/ship on.  So its all pretty cool if a bit odd with a ship that size sitting on top of the controller lol!! 

You can also swap pilots/ships/wings/weapons during the game which is then reflected on screen.  Very cool concept and one I'm suprised hasn't taken off more than it has.  Mind you at pre-order time it did have quite a high price buy-in.  One advantage of buying just before christmas - I got a set for a nephew and was so blown away with the quality of the models that I promptly ordered a starter copy of the game for myself and was then able to track down most of the ships/weapons/pilots for half price or less from various retailers Smile
(02-22-2019, 07:19 AM)Super Wrote: Sunhuntin is the best.

Sir Nigels, that is a great idea for displaying those characters. Your mind must be working all day long thinking of ideas to 3D print. Way to go.

Couldn't agree more, its why I don't mind helping out with goodies from this side of the world Smile

I'm full of ideas for 3D printing, my problem is translating the thoughts into models and the time it takes to print them.   But as my modelling skills with the various tools improves the easier and quicker it becomes.  To a degree it is just an extension of my working skills of programming and systems design, just modified into physical objects instead and imagining it virtually in my mind to look for features and weaknesses that may need plugging so there is less re-work required.

As I'm beginning to build up a list of 3D plarail parts I'm going to list them somewhere so that people can if they want them get them from me at a reasonable cost.  I did consider using one of the online print services, but the cost to the buyer would be ridiculously high.
guys, honestly i am not that great. bit a jerk most of the time, but i try and do right by those i consider friends.

thats pretty impressive that what you do to the figure changes in the game. that sounds quite cumbersome, having the ship on the controller. i guess how you move it is also reflected in-game?
if it wasnt for you, i wouldnt even know the game exists, lol. not something i can afford to get in to. bad enough i got suckered into disney infinity, mainly to use the figures for train displays! LOL

i love your display shelf, and would love to see a photo of it full.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super