Limited Edition Thomas the Tank Engine...What???

8 Replies, 7161 Views

I haven't seen this Thomas set before....was this a Limited release for a very short time maybe in conjunction with some Event???
https://www.jauce.com/auction/e340840183

[Image: ae987504.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • mod thana
Thomas Town is an indoor theme park type place in Shinmisato. Might have been both a limited run and location exclusive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
Thank you T-Fanz

Now I realize that the Thomas Town Logo is right on the front. I find the combination of this little set a bit odd with Thomas having a snow plow and the rear carriage being open air. Unless that isn't a snow plow but a cow catcher. Wonder if that carriage is modeled after something in the park. I thought that The Thomas Town was an outdoor park.
You're thinking of Thomas Land at Fuji-Q highland or the ones in America/the U.K.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
The item, Thomas' Conductor's Carriage Ride (unless it does not translate to this?), was released in 2009.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes, this is an exclusive Thomas Town release.
It is one of a set of 3...Snowplow Thomas, Chocolate Percy, and Patchwork Hiro.
[Image: image.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
You are right T-Fanz, I was thinking Thomas Land. I didn't know about the difference or the other parks named Thomas Town, might they be affiliated?

Thanks all, great information. So were the Chocolate Thomas and Patchwork Hiro only released at the Thomas Town sites?
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes Super all three are Thomas Town exclusives.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Thanks Muddy, I never realized that about Patchwork Hiro...no wonder he is harder and more expensive to find.
  • MuddyPoppins