Wooden Railway Customs

13 Replies, 17076 Views

I've just realised I mistook OttawaQ and his son's collection for yours, and you don't have a thread for your Wooden collection. Sorry for the mistake.
I think I'm beginning to understand now. Albert, Diana, Ark, David, are all your own inventions, and have no grounding in reality other than what you've chosen to base them on? Likewise the South Lancashire Railway is not based on any actual railway in Lancashire, South or otherwise. Am I right? 

Incidentally there was an engine called Albert in Railway Series book number 41, 'Thomas and Victoria'. He was based on an engine that worked on the Furness Railway with his coaches Victoria and Helena. Part of the Furness Railway is preserved and still operational.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 10:23 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Exactly. The Railways of Lancashire is his own T&F style web series he is working on, and these are his characters. He should've made it clear from the beginning. I do wish he would let us know what he has, so we could help him efficiently. Ark sounds like he could be one of the shunters at the Great Railway Show.

Albert was also a narrow gauge engine on the Mid Sodor Railway, who resembled Falcon (Sir Handel). He was one of several Awdry characters that didn't appear in The Railway Series, but models of them were made for Awdry's model railways. Elsie (Toby's luggage van) was another such character.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 10:23 AM by Super.)
well part of ark's backstory was that in his younger years, he worked in bridlington in the 1960s. i have a theory that ark was the shunter that james spoke to in journey beyond sodor. keep in mind that the great railway show was in bridlington in the great race.