My Little Layout - By Finno

86 Replies, 64997 Views

Exciting!!! Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(03-24-2020, 11:24 AM)Finno Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:47 AM)PlarailTown Wrote: Nice girder you made there. How did you make it?

You have a keen eye. Because the top rails curve different to the bottom I had to get creative with some wood. Small pieces of pine for the pillars and thin MDF for the top. I had some bright yellow paint from the city buildings so I used that and painted them yellow.

Might need a few more custom girders before I finish, to get into those tight spaces.

There's going to be a very large feature in this layout that I haven't started constructing yet. I can see it in my minds eye but I haven't yet come to grips with how to make it a reality. More on that later.  Big Grin

NICE ONE!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PlarailTown's post:
  • Super
Awesome!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Some more layout in progress pics. Taking some time because of the 'custom' bits.

Here's some closeups of the new red brick roundabout with the custom girders on top.

[Image: IMG-20200407-175417.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-174659.jpg]

Next here's some more shots in the city:

[Image: IMG-20200407-175027.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-175036.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-175042.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-174824.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-174916.jpg]

You've heard of the Golden Arches, what about the Golden Ring?

[Image: IMG-20200407-175330.jpg]

In the country section you can see my special DAD rail:

[Image: IMG-20200407-174926.jpg]

...and of course we have a Kamakura section for the Enoden trains.

[Image: IMG-20200407-174937.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200407-174953.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Finno's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
Oh, it's growing! Really cool and inovative, Finno - especially the double loop on custom girders with bricked center and the road around it! Hoping for some action videos soon Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
Fantastic Finno. Is that brickwork created by you or maybe paper stock? Take your time and enjoy your new creation. I know what you mean about custom creations for the Layout slowing you down. Even though mine is basically done, custom detailing slows me down and I kind of put off making videos to finish a project. Trouble is, after one custom project gets finished I start on another. I must admit I do prefer building that running the trains afterward. Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping us updated.  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
(04-07-2020, 04:13 PM)Super Wrote: custom detailing slows me down and I kind of put off making videos to finish a project. Trouble is, after one custom project gets finished I start on another. I must admit I do prefer building that running the trains afterward. Keep up the great work and thanks for keeping us updated.  Smile

I agree - I enjoy the creativity of building and even the challenge of having to figure out the best track efficiency in a limited space.

The great thing I enjoy with Plarail over other rail systems is the ease of building, tearing down and then building again. Or, if you are not that ruthless, just tweaking, correcting or adding to your layout over time.

(04-07-2020, 04:13 PM)Super Wrote: Is that brickwork created by you or maybe paper stock?

It's just simple cardboard I painted dark red then ruled lines on with a black sharpie. I curved the cardboard in a loop, taped it and it sits in place in the inner road circle.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 11:04 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I agree, great job!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Here's a little shed hack. Found this bamboo spice rack for a couple of bucks in a cheap shop. Turned upside down and screwed onto the wall it is now a holder for my Enoden trains.  Cool

[Image: IMG-20200517-131030.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20200517-135226.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I can't help myself. Here's a little video testing one of the lines in my layout. Just pretend you don't see the parts that are still under construction!

This is the longest of 5 lines. Testing to make sure there are no snags in the circuit.

[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No