Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Threads
The end of Thomas and friends from Plara...
Last Post: FfarquharDeveloper
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 85
» Views: 45979
Unrecorded Phantom Gems
Last Post: Super
Today 06:36 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 15997
Thomas Diamond Painting
Today 06:24 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 64
How to: Clean Corroded Battery Terminals
Last Post: Trainboy90 Productions
Today 11:05 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1137
Good Grief...90 Days?
Today 11:00 AM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 230
Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New release...
Last Post: FfarquharDeveloper
Today 10:24 AM
» Replies: 780
» Views: 434516
My Tomica World - Introductions
Today 09:47 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 201
Layout Error Verification
Yesterday 09:49 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 246
How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are The...
Yesterday 03:18 PM
» Replies: 85
» Views: 27987
Vio'Plarail Past Research
Yesterday 09:46 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 84
Online Selling Shockers
Last Post: chrisjo
Yesterday 12:25 AM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 7804
Product Numbering & Bar Code Verificatio...
Last Post: Vio
11-27-2020 07:57 AM
» Replies: 77
» Views: 7484

My Little Layout - By Finno
(10-12-2020, 07:29 AM)Super Wrote: There is a lot going on in this Layout Finno. Anxious to see a video once its done. Did you get a chance to fix the leaks in the shed?

Once I finish the main feature (still requires some glue and paint) and tidy up I will make new video's for sure.

The leaks are mostly fixed - couple of tiny ones that only appear during torrential downpours.

The other weather effect I am getting is snow on the tracks! I have Styrofoam sheets insulating the roof and tiny bits of white keep appearing all over MegaCity. The mayor is proposing to include vacuuming the city as a regular municipal service to citizens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Is the snow from the styrofoam or real snow entering the shed?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Wow, that double loop looks even better now! Cool!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, Finno
(10-12-2020, 09:48 AM)Super Wrote: Is the snow from the styrofoam or real snow entering the shed?

It's fake snow that is small pieces styrofoam that float down from the ceiling.

We don't get real snow here (thank goodness).

(10-12-2020, 10:35 AM)Mister No Wrote: Wow, that double loop looks even better now! Cool!

Thanks Mister No.

I got those yellow tracks from someone on eBay. To be honest I don't know what they are from or if they are even real Tomy but I thought they made a good contrast to the blue (even if they are a little bit faded).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Here we go. Test running on 3 of the 5 available lines.  2 of the lower city lines have some height clearance issues I need to investigate and resolve.

Once all the lines are tested I think I can potentially get 10 or more trains running!  Big Grin

Notice any new features? 

[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Super
New mega-volcano! Smile
Cab rides look dangerous! Big Grin
Very nice, Finno, I bet you had a great time revamping your layout!
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Super, Finno
Looking very great!!
Keep up the good work Finno!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Muddy Poppins's post:
  • Super, Finno, Mister No
Wonderful job on all the unique custom pieces Finno. The mountain with its cirular, level up track is magnificent. Is that Mount Taranaki?

I love Onboard Cab views of layouts as I get the sense of riding on the train itself and seeing all that the Layout has to offer in the eyes of the train Engineer. Got a couple of glimpses of the camera rig itself too.

The shed looks great.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No
I took some of my older trains out for a journey around MegaCity and Kamakura today. The Plarail number 1, number 2 and number 7 trains as well as the 55th anniversary coach. I picked up all of these from second hand stores when I was in Tokyo last year.

A couple of the engines needed some gentle coaxing to spin up. They are single speed engines that don't go very fast but still seem to run ok. Here's some pics and a little video.

[Image: Snapshot.png]  [Image: Snapshot-1.png]

[Image: Snapshot-2.png]  [Image: Snapshot-3.png]

To be honest I don't know much about these number trains. Can anyone share any info on them? I assume they are from sets?
  • Mister No, Super
Nice run of special Plarail trains (and an Eizan Railway Hiei), Finno! I suppose the middle car of the train No 2 is not part of the original train... it looks like Percy's mail car, just yellow! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thats a nice collection of Exclusive Plarail Expo trains Finno. I was always under the impression the the numbers were from the first year they were given away in the children's games held at the expos. We have had other discussions about this and I believe someone corrected me on that but I don't remember the reason. Vio...doesn't your BigLobe Plarail Museum have a page on the Expo Exclusives?

Love the Shell Station and seeing your display case full.
(10-24-2020, 10:29 AM)Mister No Wrote: Nice run of special Plarail trains (and an Eizan Railway Hiei), Finno! I suppose the middle car of the train No 2 is not part of the original train... it looks like Percy's mail car, just yellow! Smile

Yes you are correct. I don't have the middle car from the yellow number 2 so I used this other yellow car. It is a mail car with doors that slide open but notice it has the Plarail logo so it's not from a Thomas set.

(10-24-2020, 10:36 AM)Super Wrote: Thats a nice collection of Exclusive Plarail Expo trains Finno. I was always under the impression the the numbers were from the first year they were given away in the children's games held at the expos. We have had other discussions about this and I believe someone corrected me on that but I don't remember the reason. Vio...doesn't your BigLobe Plarail Museum have a page on the Expo Exclusives?

I'd love to find out more if Vio has info about them on his page.

(10-24-2020, 10:36 AM)Super Wrote: Love the Shell Station and seeing your display case full.

I have some new motorised vehicles on the way Super. I managed to pick up another 5 here in AU which I will include in an upcoming video after they arrive. That Shell tanker runs really great - he's so fast I have trouble catching him!
  • Super, Mister No