Tomy In Singapore

6 Replies, 5373 Views

Hi folks,

I'm planning to be in Singapore in June and want to plan a bit better than I did on my China trip.

Anyone know what the scene is like there? Any stores stocking Plarail? Places I should check?

Cheers!
An update on Singapore. I had the chance to look around today. Forget about Toys R Us - they do stock a range of Tomica cars and sets but no Plarail that I could find.

I did however find a little independent shop called Let's Play. He is located in Sunshine Plaza at 91 Belcoolen St. The guy is really helpful and friendly and has a lot of stuff crammed in all over the place. Recommend checking it out if you find yourself in this neck of the woods.

Here are some pics:

[Image: IMG-20190804-125538.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190804-125202.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190804-125208.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190804-125211.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Oh man if i'd see shelves stocked like that i'd probably get a heart attack and never leave that store (without anything with me lol)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ron Thunderr's post:
  • Super
Well I did leave him with a few new gaps in the shelf but I also showed *huge* restraint! Smile

Lucky I have limited luggage space.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Oh, wow....that is a dream sequence. Bet you had a smile on your face the whole time. I see some newly released boxes there...is everything new there? Do these shops ever have the Tomy Motorized Vehicles?

There should be a World Wide waver for caring on loads of Plarail items on a plane.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I think all his stuff is new. He doesn't sell online (I asked) but you can check his facebook page here and see what he gets in:
https://www.facebook.com/letsplaysgshop/

I noticed he had the 60th Anniversary set you recently acquired. Unfortunately I don't have space for large items like that.

Not sure about the motorized vehicles - I will keep an eye out in future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Thanks Finno

Have any other pictures of your trip you can share with us? Are you still there?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]