3D Printed Thomas Mini Track System

40 Replies, 40225 Views

Anxious to see a Layout using these along with some custom mini's on it.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I agree they look first class. Great job. Looking forward to seeing you put them together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Thanks guys, I just need to get some of the custom minis completed and then I'll get something together Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
they look awesome, nigel! great work
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
You'll be able to see some in the flesh soon Sun ;-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
Ok people, something a bit special this time, my latest creation, Rebecca in Thomas Mini format (extended);

[Image: IMG-20190529-232947.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190529-232954.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20190529-233007.jpg]

This is my prototype, I'll be painting up the detail and then will post pics of that next Smile
  • Finno, Super
Wow - that's amazing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Nigels
did you print the chassis as well or just the shell?
Awesome Nigels

[Image: awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it, been worth the pain to complete it lol

@Leyland I 3d printed everything except the wheels and the screws holding it together which I robbed off some duplicate minis I had. I've actually got 3d printed wheels as well, but haven't figured out the best solution for the axles as they are incredibly thin, almost like a pin with flattened ends, but I'm working on that. I've also sourced from eBay some screws that I think will suit, just waiting for them to arrive.

For those interested I will be offering a very limited run of these for sale, PM me if you think you'd like one, I'll be posting in the trading forum when I've decided the price, although I do not intend it to be massive. I will also be able to offer models without the name, number, face but with a proper smoke box door if anyone wants a real world Battle of Britain or West Country loco version.

This is going to be the first of my range of mini locomotives and rolling stock to compliment the track I'm also going to offer for sale. So again if interested let me know and watch the trading forum for details.
  • Finno, Super